Yay or Nay to onboard art?

shaun07

How do you feel about the onboard art?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the onboard art?

• YAY! the art is great
    • NAY! the art is poor
    • wish they would offer more art
    • wish they would do away with that art

Head scratching on the prints comment. How many people buy original artwork these days unless its from a starving artist or you pay mucho dinero for an original from a well known painter or sculptor? Prints aren't posters if they only print a couple hundred. It just depends. Many prints are worth a lot.

The term "Prints" means nothing. anything can be called a print/ The junk that is sold on the ships are literally printer on a computer printer and churned out by the thousands, if not tens or hundreds of thousands. They are basically worth the paper they are printer on and nothing more.

I hear them advertising "original pieces " all the time. Is that just pure bs or are they selling something their child made so they can get away with it?

All depends on how you define original. The work was created by an artist of some level of skill. What they sell on the ships is rarely (if ever) that item. Normally they sell a high end computer printed 'original'.

The notion that all the art are a bunch of posters is totally incorrect, they have many originals and some very inexpensive "decorative art". Park West is one of largest if not the largest gallery in the world, they have thousands of satisfied customers. Do some people buy something without any knowledge base, spend more than they should and have buyers remorse? Of course they do, but shame on anyone who spends alot of money on something that they know nothing about. Especially in the today's internet world.

Correct.

There have been one or two I've arrived home and wished I'd bought, there were one or two I've wished I could have justified the price of.

But then I (at least think) I know a little about art. Even then my number one issue is "Do I like it?"

Prices for the actual "real" originals are too high generally. My most recent cruise there were Peter Max small originals they were trying to get $1200 for. The same ones routinely sell for $500 on eBay.

good point, not many people can afford to spend a lot of money on original art