Hotel Executive Suites - Carreret NJ

khrivnak

You guys have been absolutely AMAZING, and I cant thank you enough. We definitely have it down to Ridgefield and Executive Stay (or whatever that was) in Secacus. 138East, since you seem to have quite a bit of experience, if you were in our shoes... which would you choose if you had the choice? We have definitely decided against the Carteret.

We will call around on transportation companies, but at this point, I value the opinions in this thread first and foremost. So.. Ridgefield with Park and Cruise or Secacus?

(also... just as an afterthought, my friends husband SWEARS he found a company that would transport us from a hotel in Secacus to the pier for $12.50 per TAXI. That seems incredibly unbelievable to me... would I be correct in telling him that he probably found something that is too good to be true or he is looking at numbers wrong?)

Not a CHANCE on that low fare.....no way. Per person, MAYBE, but per CAB? Heck no...too good to be true...

You guys have been absolutely AMAZING, and I cant thank you enough. We definitely have it down to Ridgefield and Executive Stay (or whatever that was) in Secacus. 138East, since you seem to have quite a bit of experience, if you were in our shoes... which would you choose if you had the choice? We have definitely decided against the Carteret.

We will call around on transportation companies, but at this point, I value the opinions in this thread first and foremost. So.. Ridgefield with Park and Cruise or Secacus?

(also... just as an afterthought, my friends husband SWEARS he found a company that would transport us from a hotel in Secacus to the pier for $12.50 per TAXI. That seems incredibly unbelievable to me... would I be correct in telling him that he probably found something that is too good to be true or he is looking at numbers wrong?)

If folks want to go into NYC you should be looking at Secaucus.

$12.50/taxi is ridiculous. Have your friend's husband come up with a company name and post it! I bet they offer a cheap price to buy the Brookkyn Bridge as well!

My advice would be to find a nice hotel around the Secaucus area that offers free parking and maybe a nice breakfast buffet in the morning. The area near the Meadowlands has shops and restaurants close by. Contact a transportation company in the area the specializes in airport/NYC transportation and see if you can have a van pick everyone up (and arrange for post-cruise pick up) Depending on how much luggage you have, it would be a pain in the arse to travel in NYC via train/subway.

khrivnak ~

Just for your orientation, this map shows the relative locations of Secaucus and Pier 88 in Manhattan, and the route from the La Quinta Inn & Suites in Secaucus to the pier:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/40.7900641,-74.0498884/40.7659274,-73.9972884/@40.7777761,-74.043283,13z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e0

The Plaza at Harmon Meadow is another conveniently located hotel, not far from the La Quinta, though (just at a guess, without checking) it's probably more expensive.

Just for orientation, again, this shows Ridgefield Park in relation to Manhattan, and the route from Ridgefield Park to the pier:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/40.8608639,-74.0174528/40.7659274,-73.9972884/@40.8119986,-74.0296995,12z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e0

I'm not at all familiar with Ridgefield Park, so can't offer any opinion about staying there. But one of the Secaucus hotels would be a good choice if any members of your group want to go into Manhattan for sightseeing, pre-cruise. A direct bus to and from Manhattan stops near the La Quinta and the Harmon Meadows hotels.

I have no exact idea what a car service to the pier will cost, but it will definitely more than $12.50!

I absolutely agree with everyone else that Secaucus is a far better place to stay than Carteret, for a number of reasons.