Seafood Shack

pbmsmile

From Carnival:

Debuting on the Carnival Vista, a New England-inspired eatery, Seafood Shack is a casual indoor/outdoor dining venue near the Lido Marketplace. This seafood-lovers’ paradise will feature a menu full of delicious, fresh favorites available for purchase ($3-$16), including lobster rolls, steamed lobster, fried shrimp, crab cakes, fried clams and more.

The menu is not available to view at this time but tentative plans are to include the following - subject to change:

•Buckets: steam peel and eat shrimp, fried shrimp, fried clam strips, fried shrimp and clam strip combo

•Lobster roll, shrimp roll, crab cake, crab cake sliders and shrimp salad

•Platters: steamed lobster by the pound, snow crab by the pound (hot or cold) and crab cake platter – platters served with boiled corn on the cob, garlic bread or choice of hush puppies or crinkle cut fries

•Soup of the Day: New England Clam Chowder, Seafood Gumbo, Lobster Bisque and Oyster Stew

on the sunshine they had that sushi restaurant that was the same premise as this seafood shack. even tho it was small 8-10 tables it was never really that busy. From what I Sea ( pun intended ) in the concept renderings the seafood shack will have many more tables. I'm sure at times it will be busy so we will just have to wait and see.

on the sunshine they had that sushi restaurant that was the same premise as this seafood shack. even tho it was small 8-10 tables it was never really that busy. From what I Sea ( pun intended ) in the concept renderings the seafood shack will have many more tables. I'm sure at times it will be busy so we will just have to wait and see.

We just got off the Breeze a full sailing and we went to the Sushi place twice arounf 7:30/8 pm and always was just able to sit. Never saw anyone waitkng. Hope this will be the same :)

I agree.....I wish it was open as a casual place to have dinner.

I read last night on a Carnival site somewhere that it was open for lunch and dinner.

Maybe it changed to just lunch but it would be great if dinner too.

I won't go for lunch but I would go for dinner.

I read last night on a Carnival site somewhere that it was open for lunch and dinner.

I agree! I will have to try it even if it is only open at lunch. Supper would be much better! I guess we will find out soon.

The menu sounds fantastic!

See my post #11. Lunch only.

I wish they had fried clams. Clam strips are not fried clams.

Agree 100%. In that respect, it's kind of a bummer. Otherwise, I look forward to trying it out, just something other than the clam strips.

Edited by AndyT3

• 3 months later...
I agree! I will have to try it even if it is only open at lunch. Supper would be much better! I guess we will find out soon.

The menu sounds fantastic!

I've read it was Open Daily from 2pm till 10pm because it's very popular

Maybe some recent cruisers can post about it. What did you have? Prices?

Also I read they are bringing Fresh Local fish in from Each Port and you can order it right from the Seafood Shack or have it in the Dining Room

Hours varied. Usually 11am-9pm on sea days and 2pm-11pm on port days. Yes, they have pagers. You place your order and they page you when it is ready. It isn't a sit down restaurant. You sit anywhere you want on Lido.

They also had some fresh seafood not on the regular menu. I guess they would pick up whatever was available in port.

I've read it was Open Daily from 2pm till 10pm because it's very popular

Maybe some recent cruisers can post about it. What did you have? Prices?

Also I read they are bringing Fresh Local fish in from Each Port and you can order it right from the Seafood Shack or have it in the Dining Room

I had raw oysters on afternoon at the Seafood Shack. I asked what kind the oysters were. The chef there said they were brought in the day before from Naples. I did not love them but every oyster is different. I like salty oysters and these were not. (I should have asked about the saltiness). But, if they were from Naples the day before, that seems fresh enough as long as they were actually caught the day before.

I did not see local fish listed on the menu at the Seafood Shack though. I saw lobster, John Dory, crab cakes, soup and lobster rolls, etc (whats listed on the menu posted online). Maybe they have specials?

The times are 2-10PM though no one ever seemed to be there that late. When I ate there at 4, no one was there either. Frankly, I think the location is terrible.

The Mongolian Grill station on some ships is VERY popular too. They never made that an option for dinner. closed promptly at 2:30

EVERYTHING I read about the seafood place on vist tells me its lunch only

The Mongolian Grill station on some ships is VERY popular too. They never made that an option for dinner. closed promptly at 2:30

EVERYTHING I read about the seafood place on vist tells me its lunch only

. YET AGAIN, on my VISTA cruise, it was open until10 thus it is NOT lunch only.