NCL... you snooze you lose?

imjustvisiting

Sunday night I went to book a 7 night balcony with the NCL promo "Pick 1, 2, or all 4 Offers". When I went to push the button on the deal online, it would only allowing me to check one box for one promo.This morning it appears the deal has been downsized. So Monday you must book a mini suite to get the Pick 2. In your experience once a promo has been offered and is now downsized, what are the chances I'll see it again before a May sailing? Should I run into this problem in the future, is it possible to place a hold on a cabin until NCL office hours the next day? Grrrrrr I knew the photo promo was over 1/31/16 but feel like I blew it on the SDP and UBP.:confused:

For what it is worth, since I have booked my cruise at the end of December I have seen the offers go from pick two, pick none, pick one, back to pick two, and now back to pick one....all of this in the Span of about a 40 days.

My guess is it will come back around....but who knows.

Does the cost of upgrading from a balcony to a mini-suite cost about the same as buying the package? If it is then instead of paying for the UDP, use it to upgrade and then get the UDP for free.

Well I upgraded to get the offer as the price suited us but was told I wasn't eligible for the extra promo because it wasn't a new booking. Asked why some got it from this forum and she told me thats just the way it works, so I will probably downgrade in the near future now.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Should I run into this problem in the future, is it possible to place a hold on a cabin until NCL office hours the next day?
Yes, a courtesy hold locks in the price, promos, and booking date. As long as you confirm with payment before the hold expires it doesn't matter if the price has gone up or if the promo has changed in the meantime.

I noticed that the fine print for the new offer says "Norwegian Spirit Mini-Suites only eligible for pick one." I understand that they have to say something special about the Spirit (because it has no mini-suites), but this seems like the wrong thing to say…

Well I upgraded to get the offer as the price suited us but was told I wasn't eligible for the extra promo because it wasn't a new booking. Asked why some got it from this forum and she told me thats just the way it works, so I will probably downgrade in the near future now.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Just cancel and rebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we booked our May cruise with them, they had only the Pick 1 offer, but 3 weeks after it was Pick 2, so I called NCL, and the representative had no problem just cancelling and rebooking for us, so we could choose UBP and SDP... just keep an eye on the offers, and call them the minute they offer again the Pick 2

Edited by chipis

To. Be fair it did say one week only ...promowas only for last week .i convinced my friends to grab it and i got mine accordingly ..i think if you see a pecial jump on it they really do not last

Thank you to the poster who wrote about it here

If i should get such a notice I too will post so others can take advantage