No high chairs on Princess? What to bring?

lkg1981

I think I have discovered that Princess does not have high chairs. If I am right, what would you suggest bringing? A booster seat? My son will be almost one year old when we go on our cruise. Thank you!

We have accompanied our young grandchildren on three Princess cruises in the past three years, and every time there have been high chairs available, in both the MDR and the buffet (also in Sabatini's). The high chairs have always been in pristine condition; the trays are wrapped in plastic. The wait staff has always hustled to bring us one, usually asking US if we needed one before we had the chance to ask THEM. Booster seats have also been available.

You might wish to bring disposable bibs and sippy cups.

No need to. How did you "discover" this? Of course Princess has high chairs. It would be utterly stupid to not have. Can you imagine coming on a cruise with small children and having to hold them in your lap for both you and them to eat? Or letting them fall out of chairs? Whoever told you they did not has clearly either never cruised, never cruised on Princess or does not have children.

They also have cribs and baby food.

Edited by notentirelynormal

Possibly those sites are referring to the couple Princess ships that do around-the-world cruises and have no facilities for kids, but any mainstream cruiseline is going to have high chairs. I would suggest deleting those several unreliable sites. Funny idea that a cruiseline that provides baby food wouldn't have high chairs!

After the first night, there were always high chairs set up at our dinner table, and for breakfast and lunch, it wouldn't take long for them to be placed at the table.

When I wanted to feed my girls in the cabin, I put them in the stroller.

Best,

Mia

Possibly those sites are referring to the couple Princess ships that do around-the-world cruises and have no facilities for kids' date=' but any mainstream cruiseline is going to have high chairs. I would suggest deleting those several unreliable sites. Funny idea that a cruiseline that provides baby food wouldn't have high chairs!

After the first night, there were always high chairs set up at our dinner table, and for breakfast and lunch, it wouldn't take long for them to be placed at the table.

When I wanted to feed my girls in the cabin, I put them in the stroller.

Best,

Mia[/quote']

Even when we sailed on the small ships they have had highchairs. I can't image them removing them even for a longer cruise. Not sure what websites she is checking out though.

We had a high chair in MDR and buffet for my 13 month old but we didn't know they had trays for the high chair until after breakfast on our last day! The tray would

Have been so helpful for a smaller toddler. It seems to me that a child who is big enough to reach the table with the high chair is already big enough for a booster seat.

We brought a reusable silicone bib and we had disposable place mats for everywhere except MDR. I washed bottles and sippy cups at night. I bought a travel bottle brush/drying rack on Amazon and brought a basin from home. ImageUploadedByForums1454545484.438521.jpg.bb96ee2e57e888a3a49b204151c2f8c1.jpg