Room categories

jcathers1

We are considering our first cruise on the Regal Princess. (We have cruised on Carnival, Disney, and Norwegian before). The differences between a mini-suite class and a balcony class are not clear to me. Is it just that the room is bigger? Are their any other perks that come with the mini-suite? And which (by size) are the best mini-suites to get? I called Princess, but the lady on the phone was not very helpful in selecting a room (based on size).

Also, as I understand it, the beverage package includes all drinks below $10. On Norwegian, this is $15. Are a significant percentage of drinks below $10, or do you find yourself paying an upcharge quite often?

If there is anything else about Princess anyone thinks would be helpful, I would appreciate that, too.

Thanks in advance.

We are considering our first cruise on the Regal Princess. (We have cruised on Carnival, Disney, and Norwegian before). The differences between a mini-suite class and a balcony class are not clear to me. Is it just that the room is bigger? Are their any other perks that come with the mini-suite? And which (by size) are the best mini-suites to get? I called Princess, but the lady on the phone was not very helpful in selecting a room (based on size).

Also, as I understand it, the beverage package includes all drinks below $10. On Norwegian, this is $15. Are a significant percentage of drinks below $10, or do you find yourself paying an upcharge quite often?

If there is anything else about Princess anyone thinks would be helpful, I would appreciate that, too.

Thanks in advance.

IMO a mini suite should not have the name suite in the description.

It has a sofa-sitting area/bath-shower combo/larger balcony and a glass of head water champagne on arrival. Not much bigger then a regular/premium cabin

98% of the drinks are under the $10 AIBP limit.

We have never paid anything extra.

You can purchase bottles of wine for 40% off, we just got glasses of wine which are covered.

Princess drink prices are lower than on most lines. They are probably a little bit smaller but if you have the AIBP, they're unlimited so it doesn't matter. The few drinks more than $10 are those made with premium brands.

Edited by Pam in CA

For me, the best feature of a mini suite is that it has a separate sitting area with a couch, a chair and a coffee table. On Princess, the balcony cabins only have a chair, no couch...except for the deluxe balcony cabins on the Royal class ships which do have a small couch. If I'm relaxing in my cabin, I do not want to have to sit on the bed. Also, the mini suites have a tub/shower combination which gives you a much larger shower area.

Thank you all for the replies. They have been very helpful.

I just booked an aft premium deluxe balcony (M727). Does anyone have any insight into this room? It seemed just about as large as the mini suites (300+ SF), but was a little better in cost.