$4,000 increase on Sun aft penthouse???

BabsinTX

I'm booked on the Sun for the 9/30/16 Mexican Riviera cruise. I've been watching prices hoping for deal on an aft penthouse (category SE on the Sun).

I was away for a week and returned on 1/31/16 to discover that the price had increased by $4,000 ($8,204 to $12,204). :eek: Other suite prices jumped, too. I've tried various online sites and the price is consistent.

Has anyone seen anything similar on other NCL cruises?

I'm booked on the Sun for the 9/30/16 Mexican Riviera cruise. I've been watching prices hoping for deal on an aft penthouse (category SE on the Sun).

I was away for a week and returned on 1/31/16 to discover that the price had increased by $4,000 ($8,204 to $12,204). :eek: Other suite prices jumped, too. I've tried various online sites and the price is consistent.

We are on the star next december Hong Kong to Singapore, booked a family suite as soon as they announced the itinerary and paid 5500 for 3 of us, now same room us just shy of 12,000, and no i did not add an extra zero

We are on the star next december Hong Kong to Singapore, booked a family suite as soon as they announced the itinerary and paid 5500 for 3 of us, now same room us just shy of 12,000, and no i did not add an extra zero

Yikes!

We are sailing the Mexican Riviera on the Sun a few weeks after you for 11 nights. I booked a balcony cabin back in April 2015 at a price of $1,629 per person. A couple weeks later I upgraded to an aft mini suite for $2,029 per person. I have been watching the prices for months and they did not change at all until the last couple weeks. The balcony cabins are now $2,974 per person and the mini suites are now $3,974 per person :eek: So glad I booked when I did.

Hopefully you are happy with your cabin choice in case the prices don't drop and you are not able to snag an aft penthouse. Enjoy your cruise, and take care of the Sun for me :) This will be our first time in a mini suite and first time sailing on the aft. Can't wait!!!

On my med sailing a two bedroom/non haven suite on Jade is 18k!! Prior to the cancellations and redeployment I had a haven suite booked for $4700 similar dates and it included prepaid dsc, $300 obc, ubp and udp.

The new price includes ubp, no dsc, no obc, spd so less nights dining, 250 Internet and $50 shore excursion. What a bargain; $50 per stateroom non combinable shore excursion credit if you spend 18k on a room without haven access? Wondering who's biting at those prices and who thinks a $50 credit toward 4 overpriced shore excursions is an enticement to spend 18k on a cruise? Perhaps that's why I'm seeing all the talk about last minute upsell department. The grand villas same sailing are at the low low price of 44k.

For comparison the same dates on Celebrity silhouette in a suite with butler and private dining, priority tender... Is all in at 6k with premium drink package, unlimited internet for two, $300 obc, dsc. Perhaps people paying for these suites think the Jade non haven suite is just a superior product to celebrity suite on silhouette and worth 18k vs 6k.

We are on the EPIC transatlantic sailing. We booked it in April, 2015.

We are in an H6, "aft facing penthouse with balcony".

Original price we paid was $1570 per person plus port fees & taxes. Today, about $4,900 per person!

Also, we got just about every promo out there... UBP, UDP, free gratuities, 250 internet minutes, $50 shore excursion credit per port (okay that's of no value on a transatlantic lol). To top it all off, we received a lot of OBC from... (can't say the name!!).

These Haven prices are going through the roof. It's crazy.

Edited by Sundiego

We are sailing the Mexican Riviera on the Sun a few weeks after you for 11 nights. I booked a balcony cabin back in April 2015 at a price of $1,629 per person. A couple weeks later I upgraded to an aft mini suite for $2,029 per person. I have been watching the prices for months and they did not change at all until the last couple weeks. The balcony cabins are now $2,974 per person and the mini suites are now $3,974 per person :eek: So glad I booked when I did.

Hopefully you are happy with your cabin choice in case the prices don't drop and you are not able to snag an aft penthouse. Enjoy your cruise, and take care of the Sun for me :) This will be our first time in a mini suite and first time sailing on the aft. Can't wait!!!

Oh, my. You are in for a treat. The Sun's aft minis are simply amazing. This will be our fifth cruise in one. The bathrooms are better than the one we had in an aft penthouse on the Dawn.

Just hope I can afford them in the future. :(