5th X Cruise, First Transatlantic

TheCruisingQueen

This will be my 5th Celebrity cruise, all have been Solstice Class, and second on the Eclipse, I have sailed on the Solstice in 2013, Equinox in 2012, Reflection in 2013, and most recently the Eclipse in 2015. Celebrity's Solstice Class has become a favourite of my family and I, however we are embarking on our first transatlantic cruise. It is sort of daring to me, going across the pond, however it is something exciting. I had previously gone on a transpacific cruise from Hawaii to Canada, spending 5 days at sea. This transatlantic cruise will do the same, from Bermuda to Portugal. My questions are, also, is what to expect differently or even not so differently from this transatlantic cruise? Excitingly, this will be my 10th cruise all together :)

TheCruisingQueen

NCL Jewel 2009 (2-night Bahamas)

NCL Epic 2011 (7-night Eastern Caribbean)

RCCL Allure OTS 2011 (7-night Western Caribbean)

Celebrity Equinox 2012 (11-night Western Caribbean & Central America)

Carnival Glory 2012 (4-night Canada & New England)

Celebrity Reflection 2013 (7-night Eastern Caribbean)

Celebrity Solstice 2013 (7-night Alaska)

RCCL Radiance OTS 2014 (12-night Hawaii & Transpacific)

Celebrity Eclipse 2015 (14-night Eastern Caribbean)

We have done 4 TAs, all on S class ships, and have another one booked for next year! We are hooked. The sea days are relaxing but they have plenty to do if that's what you want.

There are guest lectures, wine tastings, dance lessons and more.

We love them.

Dave

We have done three transatlantics and find them to be our preferred way of traveling to Europe. In my experience, the longer cruise with more sea days offers you the benefit of developing a sense of community with your fellow travelers. You have the chance to get to know people better than you might on a shorter more port intensive cruise. In addition to the usual cruise line activities, I have seen more passenger created activities e.g. book club, card games, trivia teams, slot pulls, gift exchanges, etc.

I encourage you to join the roll call for your upcoming cruise and plan to attend the cruise critic party. As others have said, transatlantics can become addictive.