Cape Liberty->Penn Station Hilton->EWR

nlooser

My wife, 9-year-old son and I will be on Anthem of the Seas from August 11- Saturday, August 20th.

We are hoping to take one day post-cruise to visit the Statue of Liberty. It appears the easiest way to do that would be to book a hotel near Penn Station NJ (probably the Penn Station Hilton).

Information I could use help with:

1) After Disembarkation, what's the best way to get from Cape Liberty to the Penn Station Hilton with 3 people, 3 large suitcases and 3 backpacks? Do Dial 7 or Carmel Limo do a good job picking people up on disembarkation? If not, what alternatives are there? Any idea of the costs? How long of a ride is it?

2) We will fly home on Sunday, August 21st. What's the best way to get from Penn Station Hilton to EWR? Any idea of the costs? How long of a ride is it?

Thanks for any advice/guidance!

-Nels

My wife, 9-year-old son and I will be on Anthem of the Seas from August 11- Saturday, August 20th.

We are hoping to take one day post-cruise to visit the Statue of Liberty. It appears the easiest way to do that would be to book a hotel near Penn Station NJ (probably the Penn Station Hilton).

Information I could use help with:

1) After Disembarkation, what's the best way to get from Cape Liberty to the Penn Station Hilton with 3 people, 3 large suitcases and 3 backpacks? Do Dial 7 or Carmel Limo do a good job picking people up on disembarkation? If not, what alternatives are there? Any idea of the costs? How long of a ride is it?

2) We will fly home on Sunday, August 21st. What's the best way to get from Penn Station Hilton to EWR? Any idea of the costs? How long of a ride is it?

Thanks for any advice/guidance!

-Nels

The Hilton Nwk Penn has an airport shuttle so that's easy...

I would just hop in a cab...prob 50-60 bucks or so, maybe less......

Should be 10-20 minutes depending on traffic...

Thanks. A couple more questions:

* How easy is it to catch when disembarking from Cape Liberty to get to Hilton Nwk Penn? Is there a taxi stand? Long wait or short wait?

* Does Hilton Nwk Penn both pick up and drop off from EWR? We might fly in a day ahead of time to get an extra day in Manhattan.

-Nels

Thanks. A couple more questions:

* How easy is it to catch when disembarking from Cape Liberty to get to Hilton Nwk Penn? Is there a taxi stand? Long wait or short wait?

* Does Hilton Nwk Penn both pick up and drop off from EWR? We might fly in a day ahead of time to get an extra day in Manhattan.

-Nels

1). There is a taxi dispatcher. Can't predict the wait time. It should be quick.

2). Yes Hilton Newark Penn Station offers both pick up and drop off for EWR. Another downtown Newark option is the Robert Treat which is several blocks from Newark Penn Station. Their shuttle services both EWR and the train station. If you don't want to wait for the shuttle, it's a cheap cab ride. They are a full service hotel offering free breakfast and free wifi.

• 2 weeks later...
1). There is a taxi dispatcher. Can't predict the wait time. It should be quick.

2). Yes Hilton Newark Penn Station offers both pick up and drop off for EWR. Another downtown Newark option is the Robert Treat which is several blocks from Newark Penn Station. Their shuttle services both EWR and the train station. If you don't want to wait for the shuttle, it's a cheap cab ride. They are a full service hotel offering free breakfast and free wifi.

Carol we have booked with BW Robert Treat. Can you tell me the easiest way to get to Manhattan 7ave and 50th street from Newark Penn.

So confusing.... You have helped me before. Thanks in advance..

Carol we have booked with BW Robert Treat. Can you tell me the easiest way to get to Manhattan 7ave and 50th street from Newark Penn.

So confusing.... You have helped me before. Thanks in advance..

You can take the hotel shuttle from the Robert Treat to Newark Penn Station. The desk will tell you when the shuttle leaves. The day I did it I took a 9 am shuttle.

Buy a ticket to NY Penn Station. When you get to NY Penn there are multiple choices. 8th Ave subway E train to 53rd & 7th Ave. 7th Ave #1 train to 50th & Broadway. 8th Ave #20 bus to the 50th St area. Walk the 16 blocks. Take a cab northbound on 8th Ave.