Gem - Outside music

geegee1

We were on the Gem last June and yes there is a band on deck by the pool which play reggae music and it was always in the afternoon.

Thank you. Music by the pool is one of my favorite, and somewhat important, things on the cruise. Have been disappointed in the past with lack of music on some ships.

I was on last month, and there was a rotation between a band and the DJ. The band was caribbean, but played everything including Neil Diamond. They even allowed a guest to play the drums during a Bon Jovi song. What I didn't like about them, was being approached later that afternoon to purchase a CD. (compact disc, not cruise director)

I was on last month, and there was a rotation between a band and the DJ. The band was caribbean, but played everything including Neil Diamond. They even allowed a guest to play the drums during a Bon Jovi song. What I didn't like about them, was being approached later that afternoon to purchase a CD. (compact disc, not cruise director)

I'll deal with them hawking their CD's for some live music while I relax near a pool.

I'm on the Gem now, boarded Feb. 1. So far just a DJ at the pool, although a band is supposed to play later today. I do enjoy live music, and have missed it.

There's a great band on board called New Generation. We listened to them last night in Magnums. Really talented. And yes, they mentioned they are selling CDs. So what? NCL itself sells a ton of crap on board, and bombards us repeatedly with announcements to hawk it all. I don't begrudge some guys trying to earn a living.

I was on the Gem last week,

Yes they do have live music around the pool when the ship finally hits tropical weather.

To my taste they were "ok" as an other poster said earlier.

When the band is scheduled to play in the evening after dinner for a pool party, it is not always a success...one night it was a tribute to Bob Marley between 9:30 and 10:30, we showed-up at 10 and there were 12 pax poolside...not much for party ambiance :(

Have fun !

New Generation Caribbean band played pool side on my Jan. 12 th cruise. They were good playing Bob Marley tunes but when they played POP music the lead singer was out of tune.

The onboard DJ was "Alegre"

Lounge Guitar and Vocal was "Leo". Just fair as a singer.

The piano guy was "Dana". Also fair as a singer.

Was onboard last week too, and New Generation was one of the highlights in a sea of well you all have heard the story! Really awesome down to earth guys. Wilbur the singer hung out with us the last night at the Spinnaker. Really great band! Request Hotel California, they do a great version.