Upgrade / Upsell Notice E-mail Example

Cddub

We got three separate emails with increasingly good offers, the final one arriving a few days before the cruise. We took the last offer. You should also know the upgrade price applies only to the 1st & 2nd people in the cabin. The 3rd or 4th remain the same price. So that is nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know. Thanks.

The cards have actually fallen well for us on this cruise. We grabbed the rates on a flash sale that I haven't seen beaten since. Even all the unassigned V's that are left are actually in great locations. There are currently 8 unassigned Neptunes. Considering there was 15 just a few days ago, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that the SA guarantees have been assigned and what's left is empty. I expect the upgrade offers will continue to come and I'll be ready to pounce if they make it to a reasonable number.

Good to know. Thanks.

The cards have actually fallen well for us on this cruise. We grabbed the rates on a flash sale that I haven't seen beaten since. Even all the unassigned V's that are left are actually in great locations. There are currently 8 unassigned Neptunes. Considering there was 15 just a few days ago, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that the SA guarantees have been assigned and what's left is empty. I expect the upgrade offers will continue to come and I'll be ready to pounce if they make it to a reasonable number.

What I have experienced is that HAL does the "upsells" BEFORE they assign cabins to the SC-SB-SA "guarantees". On a recent cruise, a friend of mine had a SB guarantee and was not assigned his cabin until after I did an upsell from a Vista to an SA in a great location. When I was considering the upsell, the cabin he ended up with was on the list that I could have chosen from - thats how I know how this works.

What I have experienced is that HAL does the "upsells" BEFORE they assign cabins to the SC-SB-SA "guarantees". On a recent cruise, a friend of mine had a SB guarantee and was not assigned his cabin until after I did an upsell from a Vista to an SA in a great location. When I was considering the upsell, the cabin he ended up with was on the list that I could have chosen from - thats how I know how this works.

Seems like valid reasoning. Thanks.

Well that kinda sucks. Generally speaking those folks that purchased the guarantee likely paid more than the folks that did the upsell.

Well that kinda sucks. Generally speaking those folks that purchased the guarantee likely paid more than the folks that did the upsell.

You are correct - I ended up paying alot less for my cabin totally than the guarantees did.

I agree - not fair.

Just got one today for cruise later this month. OV to veranda for 249PP for 14 days, OV to signature 949pp (ouch!). Neptunes must be sold out as no offer for those. Thinking........

I'd be really happy with the ov to a balcony. Don't think too long or they could be gone. Those offers go out to a lot of people.

I called this week and asked for an upsell.

I was booked in a cat E oceanview and saw verandahs going for $140 more per person. I was able to pay $280 total to move into a balcony cabin for my 10 night cruise in March. Very happy:):) since when we booked 3 weeks ago it was 500 or 600 more per person.