Noordam scavenger hunt ideas

semlohah

During our sea days we enjoy a low key (no running), scavenger hunt against some other travel buddies. I have not been on the Noordam so help me brainstorm ideas.

Take a picture with the captain (last cruise the other team went to the photo salon where there were tons of captain pictures and held up the captains picture with some other random passengers)

Take a picture with the drink of the day.

Find a toothpick.

Find an artwork with a ship sailing in it.

Find a port plaque for ________

Take a picture of yourself playing shuffle board.

Any fun ideas?

During our sea days we enjoy a low key (no running), scavenger hunt against some other travel buddies. I have not been on the Noordam so help me brainstorm ideas.

Take a picture with the captain (last cruise the other team went to the photo salon where there were tons of captain pictures and held up the captains picture with some other random passengers)

Take a picture with the drink of the day.

Find a toothpick.

Find an artwork with a ship sailing in it.

Find a port plaque for ________

Take a picture of yourself playing shuffle board.

Any fun ideas?

How about a Kate and Leonardo photo on the prow?

Photo of consecutive number cabin number sign (1011, 1112, 4041, 5051, 6061, 7071, 8081)

Photo of your lifeboat station sign

These might take a while and/or need outgoing people:

A map with the most number of home states/countries of other passengers

The most complete photo of one of the jigsaw puzzles

Last year we took our two teen boys on HAL for 10 days. It was one of our favorite cruises ever, but by the last day at sea, the boys were getting a little stir crazy. So, I came up with a poolside scavenger hunt for them. It was totally on the fly, but I made it humorous for them. Things like: find two men wearing socks with sandals, two ladies with giant flowers on their hats, a grandma wearing a bikini. You get the idea. I of course did not require them to take pictures for obvious reasons. Get creative with your scavenger hunt.

Every cruise we also have a family contest. Every day or so we go look at the photo gallery. The person who can find the funniest photo during the cruise wins.

Have a great time on your cruise and preparing your scavenger hunt.

Last year we took our two teen boys on HAL for 10 days. Things like: find two men wearing socks with sandals, two ladies with giant flowers on their hats, a grandma wearing a bikini. You get the idea. I of course did not require them to take pictures for obvious reasons. Get creative with your scavenger hunt.

Every cruise we also have a family contest. Every day or so we go look at the photo gallery. The person who can find the funniest photo during the cruise wins.

WOW! Sounds a little mean spirited - teaching them to make fun of people. Scavenger hunts usually involve finding objects or spotting fixed objects - not making fun of people. You might want to rethink how you are teaching your teens to view people - e.g. how they are dressed. Socks with sandals are the norm in many parts of the world, by the way. Sun hats help prevent skin cancer. Good for the grandma in the bikini - she can still get out and about. I always applaud the older folks on HAL for still having a sense of adventure and wanting to learn about the world.

Ya, I figured someone would get all bent out of shape about my post. You assume looking for people wearing these things was "making fun" of them. It was not. Try not assuming the worst in people. We love HAL because we love getting to know so many amazing older travelers. It is a wonderful crowd to get to know. You know what else is wonderful, a sense of humor. Btw, I wear toe socks with sandals in the winter, always wear a wide brimmed hat in the sun, hope to still be in a bikini as a grandma, and have exceptionally polite kids as I was told by many other HAL travelers. It was just a fun suggestion.