#LIV1820 Hang Out (Ages 18-20) - anyone have experience with it?

2011mom

Is this an official event, hosted by Carnival or is it like some of their other events that are non-hosted. Those usually have no turnout and if anyone does show up they quickly leave because no one is there to organize or start the event off. It is just awkward. I wish they would just let the 18 year olds in the club and not serve them alcohol. Is that allowed or is the club 21 and up only?

Thanks for the replies! It seems most people don't know about this - I think it would be better if Carnival had a letter for every cabin that had an 18 - 20 year old in it. But I'll check it out on my cruise next month!

Is this an official event, hosted by Carnival or is it like some of their other events that are non-hosted. Those usually have no turnout and if anyone does show up they quickly leave because no one is there to organize or start the event off. It is just awkward. I wish they would just let the 18 year olds in the club and not serve them alcohol. Is that allowed or is the club 21 and up only?

When me and my friend were 20 we went on our first cruise and went in the club. They don't check IDs or anything. But when/if we tried to buy liquor it was flagged on the card that we couldn't. That was almost 10 years ago but I can't see it being any different since there still isn't any hints for ages on the actual card and it would only be swiped when a purchase is made

I was on a Thanksgiving cruise with my 18 yr old son. They had an invite in the Fun Times first night for this age group to meet in a particular club at a particular time that night. My son went and there was one other guy there. They just kind of hung out for a minute or 2 and no one else came so they left.

There is not a Carnival host, just a time and place set aside.

According to Carnival's site (https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1061/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDU0NjkwMTA2L3NpZC8yNURmZ2tJbQ%3D%3D) guests UNDER 18 must vacate the clubs by 10pm.