Virtual Balcony View?

Roce48

It is live from a high definition camera, so the view is what you would be seeing real time from looking outside the ship, if you were standing on a real balcony.

Have you stayed in a Virtual Balcony room before?

I was under the impression that the ship had multiple cameras set up, and would change the view to show what was interesting outside. You are saying that the view is specific to the side of the ship you are on. Someone else said that they had two inside Virtual Rooms next to each other, and one camera view was looking out the bow, and the other room's camera looked aft.

Guess I will see for myself Feb 21st. :)

Have you stayed in a Virtual Balcony room before?

I was under the impression that the ship had multiple cameras set up, and would change the view to show what was interesting outside. You are saying that the view is specific to the side of the ship you are on. Someone else said that they had two inside Virtual Rooms next to each other, and one camera view was looking out the bow, and the other room's camera looked aft.

Guess I will see for myself Feb 21st. :)

Yes, I have. We did an 11N cruise and the camera for our room stayed in a forward - starboard direction for the duration. Video was in real time.

Weatherfx,

What was your opinion of the virtual Balcony?

We really liked the VB. Our view outside the front starboard side of the ship showed up clearly in real time, whether it was a sail boat or bird passing by or the port in which we were docked. The simulated balcony is a little cheesy, but you quickly adjust to looking past it. There is an on/off remote and curtains to close if desired. The virtual balcony screen puts off a dim glow at night so if you want it dark, close the curtain. Dare I say, why book an ocean view when the V.B. is probably just as good if not better due to the size of the screen and no ocean spray on the glass.

Link to my cc post of VB views:

Link to images of Interior VB Stateroom “Q”

Edited by WeatherFx

Dumb question - do the tvs swing out so you can watch while lying in bed?

Yes, but not as much as you may prefer. The tv is about 40” and swings out about to a 40° angle to view from bed – does not exceed the leading edge of the bureau so you won’t walk into during the night.

I have just received this from RCCL. It seems to contradict some responses I have received. It will be interesting to find out next week on the Anthem. :)

Dear Mr. Hodgson:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

A Virtual Balcony is an 80-inch high-definition screen inside interior staterooms that spans nearly floor to ceiling. For the first time ever, guests can enjoy real-time views and sounds of the ocean and destinations from the comfort of their interior stateroom.

The image displayed in Virtual Balcony staterooms will periodically change from time to time.

• 7 months later...

I see the last post before mine was February 2016 so I hope everyone had a great cruise!

I found this thread after I booked a virtual balc and found it very helpful with some of the questions I had.

For those interested in virtual balc cabins, search Youtube! I found a bunch of videos showing and explaining the virtual balcony inside cabins! Very interesting!