Lost property on silver spirit

apuleius

Sorry, but this one about 'We left $3000 worth of Swiss Franc in an envelope laying on our bed' is just too wacky for words.

When you are leaving a Cabin, there will be nothing, I repeat, nothing other than what you saw when you walked in! As for an envelope on the bed!!

And, so, how many other things 'laying' on the bed could've obscured your vision of an envelope there? Answer: None!

Leaving clothing in a drawer I can partly understand. But, even then, you go through and look into those 3+ times, surely. Only if the ship is sinking and you're abandoning it could you miss 'an envelope laying on the bed'.

And, walking down the passageway, neither of you said: "Ya sure you got the 3000 in Swiss Francs?"!!

Sometime when you are on board, You can ask Norman, HD, who delivered it back to Florida. We were emptying the safe and left everything on the bed as we packed up. A white envelope filled with francs was left behind. May not be believable to you but it happened. The gist of my post was, SS crew is as honest as the day is long and they made every effort to return what was ours to us.