Upswell question

sunshine426

I think you mean "upsell" not "upswell".

With an upsell, you are offered the chance to move to a "better" cabin for an additional cost. So if you are in a balcony, you could be offered a minisuite for and extra $259 per person. The amount is just an example.

Upsells have replaced free upgrades in many cases.

Thanks and an apology for the double post. Does Princess contact you.or should I initiate a call?

Princess will send an email approx 30 days before sailing. If you booked with a travel agent they will get the email and hopefully call you right away. I almost always book directly with Princess to eliminate the middle man and can deal with Princess myself. I just got 2 upsell offers for a Feb and a March sailing. I took the March upsell and declined the Feb one. The cost is determined by Princess based on criteria we just don't know. Sometimes it's a great deal sometimes not so much.

For my upcoming March cruise, I received a free upgrade from a BF cabin to a BA cabin. Then a few days later I received an upsell offer for $79 pp to upgrade to a mini suite.

I turned down the upgrade offer.

Edited by Dreamer333