Current Wine Policy

rookzsenior

I believe you can bring on one bottle of wine per person at emarcation with no corkage and additional bottles of wine at embarkation for a corkage charge of $15US per bottle. These bottles are stamped and can be brought to the dining room at no further charge. The other bottle(s) will be charged $15US if they are brought to the dining room.

Question: Can we still bring on bottles of wine at other ports if we pay the $15 corkage. A post from someone who interviewed a Princess officer in 2013 stated that if no other wine had been brought on at embarkation that the first bottle per person could also be brought on without the corkage fee.

Can we get clarification of the wine policy for ports other than embarkation.

Last year I did a winery tour in Ensenda, Mexico and we were all given a free bottle of wine (this was through the ship) I had already bought my one bottle on as was concerned, but we were not questioned at all on returning to the ship (I believe it was the crown) Some people who had bought several bottles of wine, were allowed to bring them on without question. (or charge)

I know in the past if you buy hard liquor (like Tequila) they will take it from you and give it back to you the night before you go home.

Last year I did a winery tour in Ensenda, Mexico and we were all given a free bottle of wine (this was through the ship) I had already bought my one bottle on as was concerned, but we were not questioned at all on returning to the ship (I believe it was the crown) Some people who had bought several bottles of wine, were allowed to bring them on without question. (or charge)

I know in the past if you buy hard liquor (like Tequila) they will take it from you and give it back to you the night before you go home.

If you were allowed to bring on additional bottles without paying, were you charged corkage if you took them to the MDR?