RCI's advertising BS getting old!!

Roughboy

My family loves RCI, but the advertising BS is getting really old. While I have gotten good deals on BOGO, it's no secret that they nearly double the rate prior to the sale. What has gotten me frustrated lately is I keep getting advertisements for 699-712pp for interior rooms, so I go to book said room. When all is done, prior to taxes and fees the rooms are coming up to 1100-1200pp, so I call them, while there are interior rooms available in the bowels of the ship, "the interior rooms advertised at that price aren't available". Even though they tell me they aren't available, I CONTINUE TO GETS ADS FROM THEM WITH LOWER AND LOWER PRICES". If there are no rooms at that price, then RCI IS ADVERTISING A PRODUCT FOR SALE THAT THEY DON'T HAVE!!!!!!! At car dealerships they call that bait and switch, which is an unethical practice!!

It's funny that you mention car dealerships....

This is what is called getting you in the door. They actually do have these priced rooms available, but people just got to them before you did. It is a very limited number of them.

This is the EXACT SAME deal that you see on car dealership advertisements....$xx.xx for a car....but when you go to the dealerships, they tell you they only had a low number, if even more than 1, available...but they will be happy to sell you a car at a higher price.

It unfortunately isn't illegal, since they do have the cabins at that price.

At least at car dealers when they advertise the price they'll list the stock number of the car in the ultra fine print. Maybe Royal Caribbean should start including that info in their advertisements.

Oasis of the Seas! $699*

* One available at this price. Room 6679 on December 8. Subject to prior sale

It's funny that you mention car dealerships....

This is what is called getting you in the door. They actually do have these priced rooms available, but people just got to them before you did. It is a very limited number of them.

This is the EXACT SAME deal that you see on car dealership advertisements....$xx.xx for a car....but when you go to the dealerships, they tell you they only had a low number, if even more than 1, available...but they will be happy to sell you a car at a higher price.

It unfortunately isn't illegal, since they do have the cabins at that price.

My problem is, although the room is no longer available, they continue to advertise it!

Totally agree this is frustrating and misleading. I guess there isnt much we can do about it sadly, other than not cruise. Other cruise lines seem to do it too (but that certainly is no excuse). I wish there was some way we could complain effectively.

Edited by jbobst

At least at car dealers when they advertise the price they'll list the stock number of the car in the ultra fine print. Maybe Royal Caribbean should start including that info in their advertisements.

Oasis of the Seas! $699*

* One available at this price. Room 6679 on December 8. Subject to prior sale

lol..nice

My problem is, although the room is no longer available, they continue to advertise it!

I agree..it does suck.

I'm sure there is some kind of loophole that because they had one at one point they could still put up the advertisement....I'm not 100% on that, though.

Roughboy, I call that FALSE advertising, and I don't like that either. Yes we got on that deal, but by the time you pay port taxes, fees, it does run around $1,000 or more for an inner room, as that is what we almost paid.