New to Royal Caribbean I'm researching the boards but still have questions

We are in a crown split loft on Oasis of the seas 4/30 and are wondering if we should book airfare with RCI or book our own flight and if we should come out

In to Fort Lauderdale the day before the cruise. Any input is greatly appreciated. I an so new at

this I don't want to miss out .

Thank you for any help you can offer

Erica ☺

If anyone wants to chat via email I'm always around 😊

Pookiepotpie2@gmail.com

We are in a crown split loft on Oasis of the seas 4/30 and are wondering if we should book airfare with RCI or book our own flight and if we should come out

In to Fort Lauderdale the day before the cruise. Any input is greatly appreciated. I an so new at

this I don't want to miss out .

Thank you for any help you can offer

Erica ☺

If anyone wants to chat via email I'm always around 😊

Pookiepotpie2@gmail.com

It will likely be less expensive to book air on your own. The cruise line air is most financially advantageous when flying internationally, especially one-way fares.

I would strongly suggest flying into Fort Lauderdale the day before! Anything could happen like flight cancellations or delays. Better safe than sorry! Also flying in a day early lets you start your vacation even earlier. (:

Agree 100% on both suggestions.

Normally I book domestic on my own and only do Air2Sea for International. HOWEVER, my next cruise I actually found the Air2Sea price for domestic as good as what I could get directly (or at least very close). After taking into consideration the risk of weather delays it was a no brainer to go with Air2Sea.

I would say look at all your options but also calculate the risk and decide from there.

Agree with all the others on the suggestions to just check flight prices and also to also fly in a day ahead.

Also, I searched and saw you started a thread on the roll call boards. IN searching further, I noticed there was already a roll call started on your sailing. Here is the link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2099255

It looks like it was started a long time ago and quite active (just from the post count) I didn't actually read it.

This is a great way, to meet and talk to people who will actually be on your sailing. I have great friends now, that I originally meet on these boards over 8 years ago while planning my first cruise.

Good luck. Never feel any question is a dumb question. And make sure you don't let anyone scare you away. There can sometime be very rude people sitting behind their computers screens. Just ignore and move on. The kind/informative people will out way the rude!!!

Thank you all for this good advice. Anyone know of good hotels near the terminal?

Depends what you are looking for. We usually stay at the Springhill Suites in Dania Beach, because it has free airport shuttle and free shuttle to the port. However, this is not some fancy, beachfront hotel.