Anthem - motion sickness ... Worried

Equisport

Well, my wife and I would agree that Quantum and Anthem, from departure for first 2 days and return last 2 days (if the seas were 12'-14' or more) resulted in a lot of movement; not just rolling port to starboard, but sometimes mixed in with bow to stern.

On our recently completed 12N SC Anthem cruise, I believe is was the second to last return sea day that had the most movement. We are way OK with great sea legs (and stomachs) we have learned from our cruises, but we did have to hold hands just walking the ship. We also notice the 'b bags everywhere, and uniformed crew performing 'clean up. The ship passenger visibility was way down, so it did appear to impact quite a few. The pools, in addition to the horizon, evidenced the movement.

Again, it seems to be pre- post- Carolina's area. Once in the Caribbean, no problems at all.

CC is a great source for recommendations, including sea sickness. Friends of ours had some issues and spent time in the promenade (mid ship, less roll and rock than their stateroom port forward). They got ginger fro Izumi, but said that it didn't help much. They had port wine instead of beer and cocktails; half bottle of tawny port (digestif aspirtif) from Jamies and/or Chops versus ruby red port and went to bed early. They were OK the next day, and the seas were pleasant.

Good luck. A bad sea day is the exception to the whole cruise, and it appears to be the 'route from the northeast.

• 4 weeks later...
How rough are the seas from Jersey to Canada in early September? We'll be on the Anthem right after Labor Day and have never sailed the east coast.

We have been on many cruises and have to say that the roughest seas we have been in was a storm in the Caribbean. We sail from NY to the Caribbean every year and have sailed from NY to Canada as well. We were on the Anthem this winter that missed two ports in order to miss bad weather.

You have gotten great advice with the previous posts. Have a wonderful trip!! Anthem is a beautiful ship!

I recently sailed on my first cruise and I was very worried because I get seasick pretty easily. I got the patch (Transderm Scopolamine - have to get a prescription from your doctor) and felt fine even though some people were not feeling well after the first night - I was fine! Removed the patch near the end of the trip because I thought I did not need it - bad idea! Got sick that night. Put the patch back on and was fine. Also, I did not get drowsy from the patch the way I do with dramamine.

• 2 weeks later...
How rough are the seas from Jersey to Canada in early September? We'll be on the Anthem right after Labor Day and have never sailed the east coast.

Do the cabins locate forward of the ship received a lot of motion on the Anthem. We are also sailing in September from Jersey to Canada?

I get motion sickness, and my favorite preventative medicine is "ear patches" that I get from my doctor. If you look carefully onboard, you'll see several people with this little beige circle behind their ear :). Here is the one I get: http://transdermscop.com/transderm-scop-patient-information.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app