Flights out of Seattle

crazycruzer68

I would not book any flights earlier than noon just to be safe. Seattle traffic can be tricky. Last summer we decided to fly out the next day after disembarking and stayed at a hotel near SeaTac. We were off the ship and at the hotel by 11 am. Give yourself enough time to get through TSA Security and allow for Murphy's Law!

Edited by OKC Cruisers

I agree with those who say to book a flight after Noon. I'd probably look for something around 1:00 just to be sure. Seattle traffic can be awful. Also,Sea-Tac airport is a very busy airport and security lines can be long, especially during cruise season. Have a wonderful Alaska cruise!

Edited by nwcruiselover

Last year I was off the ship and heading to the airport by 07:30. I did do self disembark with FTTF. we were at the airport by 08:05. I had an 11:45 flight and checked in and was sitting at the terminal for hours waiting. I was nervous though up until arriving at the airport. Delta changed my first flight from 14:30 which I was comfortable with.

I would personally do an earlier flight again. Everyone will have anecdotal evidence of when to book a flight, but I would just use the time Carnival says should be the earliest you should book your flight.

Also you could use luggage express and not worry about having to carry your luggage off except for carry on pieces.

There is a flight leaving at 11:40, it would be great if we could do that one. If not that flight we are arriving home after 1 am with a 1 hour drive home b

Even though you're not a big fan, maybe doing self assist would be worthwhile to avoid arriving home after 1 AM.

I know Princess has Southwest on there Cruise Express. We used it last year after our Alaska cruise and it worked beautifully.

Another thought is to book your airport transfer through Carnival and they will get you on an early bus to the airport

Keep in mind as I stated flight times change. My flight was moved hours earlier than I booked. I could have switched but didn't want to fly out of Seattle at 10 pm and get in to Tampa around 6 am so I just went with the flight at 1145. Like I said I had plenty of time and I've never been through easier or more relaxed airport security before.

We have booked flights as early as 11:30-1pm before and have had NO problems out of Seattle. We DO self-assist and get off the ship as early as we can and we also are on the first cruise line shuttle bus transfer. I would do the 11:45 am flight. Of course if there ends up being a problem......yikes....we have never had any or been stuck in traffic. Have an awesome trip :D

I would also like to recommend calling AJ from Seatac Towncar Service at (206) 697-5577 for an inexpensive ride direct from pier 91 to airport for about $45 Give him a call. Hello from Charlene

I used Seattle express for our transfer. They have a tight schedule where a shuttle leaves every 15-20 minutes with a new one arriving as one pulls out. There were two of us and we were on the first shuttle which left at either 730 or 745. It goes to the airport first and then to its partner hotels. Everyone on this shuttle got off at the airport. It's $12 per person and we gave the guy $30 total. I would definitely use them again. They didn't even wait for the shuttle to full up. There was only like 20 people out of the 25 or 30 seats available. Very good service and friendly staff.