C&A cruise - Whats different?

Cruiser-T

I see where RCI is advertising a Crown & Anchor cruise on the Freedom of the Seas for the week of October 15, 2006. Not much of a choice of rooms left, so we booked for the following week 10-22. What makes a Crown & Anchor cruise any different than a regular cruise? Should I give up my PR (Promenade) room and book the C&A cruise where I would end up on deck 2 inside cabin (yuk). At least with the PR room we can see out a window.

Cruiser T -

We took a C&A cruise on the Mariner on 2004. We received some promotional gifts in the cabin each evening, such as C&A insulated mug, pen that lights up etc. We were platinum at the time and don’t know if diamond members got different gifts. I saw on the compass that there was a special excursion for diamond members. RCCL staff were on board so service was generally excellent .There was also a “special” ice show for C&A members which was very crowded. We did go on the C&A night but later in the week happened to walk past the rink for the “regular” show, and it was identical with plenty of seating. The same thing occurred for the “special” C&A wine tasting. There were a few C&A dance classes, in addition to the regular classes held on board.

On the down side the ship was loaded with mostly all repeat passengers. So many that they had to open up a second concierge lounge which was extremely crowded. The repeat passenger party was held poolside since there were so many there. It also seemed to me that many passengers seemed to demand special treatment since they were of a particular level. Heck, just about everyone on the ship was some C&A level.

I’m not sure if I would plan a specific week just to get the C&A cruise. I certainly would not pay extra. To be honest – by the time you reach any status above gold, just how many more C&A or RCCL items do you need?

Which ever week you plan – have a great time.

Marci

Archived