Veendam

jgd3rdbcfd

This was all great feedback! Thanks everyone for taking the time to share their views. We will be on her by the end of the week and can't wait to experience our first HAL cruise. Some people have said it's not the best ship to give the "HAL experience" but I think we can see through the minor issues with an older designed ship. We love them all, big and small!:D

This was all great feedback! Thanks everyone for taking the time to share their views. We will be on her by the end of the week and can't wait to experience our first HAL cruise. Some people have said it's not the best ship to give the "HAL experience" but I think we can see through the minor issues with an older designed ship. We love them all, big and small!:D
I hope you have a wonderful cruise. Please come back and share your experience with us.

The Veendam was our first HAL ship after sailing with three other cruise lines. We found it to meet all of our expectations so well that we had cemented our relationship with HAL for three subsequent cruises. One thing that we have found is to take advantage of the Future Cruise Consultant for extra OBC. Our future travel plans are to be two cruises booked ahead.

We are thinking of doing the Veendam for a last minute cruise, we always do balcony's but for this cruise we don't want to spend that much$$. Our are OV catE we have E812 but it seems that there is a door across the hall and are wondering what it leads to, not too keen on having room attendant right across in the morning. Anyone stayed in this cabin to shed any light?

Thanks!

Hi everyone

We completed our first HAL cruise last week on the Veendam. We were very happy. We booked last minute and took an inside guarantee. While the location wasn't the greatest, we were happy with the size.

One thing we really noticed was that there really seemed to be few crowds anywhere, except the showroom. No lineups at the Lido buffets. Even on embarkation day, we walked onto the ship to the atrium area...very few people around. Of course the cabin was ready. After settling in we went up to the Lido buffet and no crowds, as we have been used to recently :) (Carnival)

Nice small ship, you are never far from where you want to go.

It was a Canada/New England itinerary, that I would be happy to do again, especially if it was on the same ship. So for my wife and myself it was 4 thumbs up for the ship and crew and certainly we would consider HAL if it was a good fit.

have a great cruise