Vietnam Visa 1/21/06

evelynborntoshop

I have been told by the Vietnam consulate in San Francisco and by Helena at Oceania that only a single entry visa for Vietnam is required for the January 21, 2006 Asia cruise. The cruise docks at two different ports in Vietnam with a day at sea in between. Has anyone been advised that a multiple entry Vietnam visa is required? Evelyn

My husband and I got our Vietnam visas last week in SF as we were there on business trip. We followed the directions on the Vietnam consulates website. Because we are stopping in two ports in Vietnam, but not leaving the country in between, we were told that we just needed a single entry visa. We also called the consulate there in SF to get the exact fee which was $65.00 each. They accepted money orders or certified checks made out to the Vietnam Consulate. We arrived with our passports and our money order for $130.00. The person behind the glass window at the consulate told us that the charge was only $90.00 because we were traveling together. That was news. She would not accept the $130.00 money order as she would not give the change. Luckily we had $90.00 in cash that she did accept. Then we were told to come back the next day to pick up our passports. Hope this helps. We are still a bit confused, but do have our visas.

Archived