Family Interior (FI) stateroom relative cost - Independence of the Seas

motif

Hello,

I've done a quick search on here, but not found the answer to my question, so forgive me if it answered elsewhere.

I'm thinking ahead to sailing on Independence of the Seas in 2017 and wondering about stateroom prices for 4 cruisers. How does the Family Interior stateroom (FI) price compare to other categories of stateroom. I know that FIs sleep 4 and many other staterooms only sleep 2, but I'm only looking at approximate or relative prices. How does an FI stack up against a D1 balcony with a sofa bed, for example?

I can't check online as there are only a few FIs and these are not showing as available.

Can anyone help? :)

Hello,

I've done a quick search on here, but not found the answer to my question, so forgive me if it answered elsewhere.

I'm thinking ahead to sailing on Independence of the Seas in 2017 and wondering about stateroom prices for 4 cruisers. How does the Family Interior stateroom (FI) price compare to other categories of stateroom. I know that FIs sleep 4 and many other staterooms only sleep 2, but I'm only looking at approximate or relative prices. How does an FI stack up against a D1 balcony with a sofa bed, for example?

I can't check online as there are only a few FIs and these are not showing as available.

Can anyone help? :)

Notice you are requesting information from the UK. You may find some of the booking rules different than in the US. Also if you are working with a travel agent you can ask them the same questions.

Family suite type staterooms are normally for a party of 5 or more. You have to call RC (or ask your TA) for more information.

As a general rule, cabins sleep two people. If you check the deck plans you will notice a key that shows which cabins can sleep 3 or 4. This usually involves a couch/sleeper sofa or Pullman beds that come down from the side walls.

It is possible, but very tight, to sleep 4 in a standard cabin. Most would probably prefer two cabins, unless are talking about small children.

Pricing is shown per person, regardless of age, so when you check the website it will break down the pricing for the number of people you enter as needed in the cabin, providing the cabin can accommodate the number of people - 1, 2, 3 or 4.

Hopefully that helps and makes sense.

Thanks all!

When we've sailed before we've used the sofa/bed staterooms before, but this time (2016) we're split across 2, a balcony (D2, I think) and a promenade view (PR) opposite. I just happened to notice the Family Interiors and wondered if they'd be better value for next year. There don't appear to be very many of this type of stateroom available on the ship, so I would guess that by the time my TA enquired, there would not be any left anyway. This is especially true as we are limited to sailing in the high season of the schools' summer holidays. :)

Happy cruising!:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

We have sailed in a promenade family stateroom on Liberty twice with our family of four. First time we were unable to grab it until 4 weeks before sailing - I had booked an outside room originally, but had read on this board that they often open up un-booked family cabins to smaller groups a few weeks prior to sailing. So I called a month out and it was available. The second time we did it, for some reason we were able to book it from the outset.

We are currently booked on Independence in a family oceanview - Cabin 8200 (faces front of the ship). The interesting thing here is that there are only 3 of us, and we had no issue booking the cabin 6 months out. And this cabin has basically two bedrooms: a curtained bedroom with regular bed and a bunkbed room with an actual door, as well as a small common area with a bathroom. How can you beat this for the price of an oceanview? No balcony, I know, but we will survive for 4 nights.

One other tactic that may work, depending on cost: A number of years ago, I was dying for the family aft balcony on Celebrity Century. But they had a hard minimum of 5 people. So I booked an imaginary third kid for an extra $300 (5-night cruise), and the room still came out cheaper than if we had gotten connecting cabins, while giving us the extra space and great view (although only one bathroom - all things are trade-offs). And the third kid just never showed for the cruise. We told them when we were checking in that he had decided to stay home. Best $300 I ever spent on a cruise booking.

Hope this helped somewhat.