Getting a PVP

denas

So if I want to actually have a PVP help me with my upcoming cruise, do I just call the 1-800 number? Seems like once before I did this, and they had a PVP call me later and leave a direct number and I called her back at a convenient time. I am getting frustrated trying to book what I want online and then tried to go with a TA who managed to screw up everything (rate code, names and room type!) I went with a TA hoping to avoid spending a long time on the phone with Carnival, but no such luck.

Thanks!

We never use a PVP. We just call the 1-800-Carnival # and book with whoever picks up the line. We have never had to hold long for a rep and once we got one things moved along quickly. I then just keep a close eye on the prices myself and call for any adjustment.

GET A PVP!!!! Just call the 800 number and ask to be assigned to a personal vacation planner.

And for Coopie, just so you know I tried your method. Try using that method during a sale and having to wait on hold for 20 mins, I text my pvp and they call me right back or text me that they already have room on hold as they know how I cruise.

Edited by lemansz20
forgot details

I have a fantastic PVP. I started out with the one that Carnival randomly assigned to me, but I was really unhappy with her. After hearing some rave reviews on my current PVP, I contacted her and was able to transfer all my bookings to her just by sending her an email. She now takes care of me anytime I need anything. Very knowledgeable.

I would recommend that you either do a search on a social media site for recommended PVPs, or that you message me and ask me for the name of my PVP. She's great!

Thanks everyone! Too bad the rules prohibit PVP recommendations. I scour this site for recommendations for hotels, tours, best cabins, even menu items. But the biggest decision you make is booking the cruise in the first place and they don't allow any recommendations on that one!!

I sent Carnival an e-mail through "Contact Us" on their website. I told them that I wanted a PVP who had experience and had been with the company for quite a while. The following day I received an e-mail from a PVP introducing himself and saying that he had been with the company for over ten years.

I told him what we wanted and he said that I had to talk with him over the phone because they were not allowed to make reservations over the phone. I called and he set it up so that we had our cabin, the one next to it was reserved for brother and SIL. All they had to do was call within 24 hours and give credit card number for downpayment. He had everything all set for them as he looked up their VIFP numbers.

We told him that we only cruise every other year. Like clockwork, he called two years later to ask if we were ready to cruise again. We booked the same way again. Nothing could be easier.

Our PVP is no longer with Carnival so for this last cruise we used a random customer service rep. We were booking 7 cabins for 20 guests. When we received the email confirmations we noticed many errors. We were booked early saver despite saying we did not want early saver, the VIFP numbers weren't entered on any of the children despite them being past guests. Some of the cabins were in the wrong location and had the wrong guests in the cabins.

I called a PVP someone recommended the next day. Not only did she correct all of the errors, but she saved us $6,500 in the process. We will always use a PVP from now on.