Looking for pre-cruise hotel in Sydney

mein18

Mantra 2 Bond St - I haven't used this hotel but the pictures show some balconies which might be OK.

Swissotel is good as I have stayed there before but you will need to book one of the corner rooms that do have a balcony as most of the rooms don't (and given it is in the middle of the city, I don't think there will be much of a view).

Quay West or Pullman are a bit pricey but I think they have balconies and they are right at Circular Quay. I see they are booked out for some times in January.

Good luck with your search and hope you find a hotel that suits.

Adina Harbourside has balconies with a Darling Harbour view, also it has self catering facilities. Have stayed there, very good.

Hi Maureen. Yes Adina is also very central to all things Darling Harbour. The area is often referred to as King St Wharf. Next to Aquarium. We have stayed with Adina elswhere and never had any problems.

Hugh

A balcony is tough to find in Sydney. Hyatt at the Rocks has them and it is very handy to the OPT but top dollar. Raddisson Blu is a lovely hotel, we take the odd holiday at home and have stayed there a couple of times on the business floor as I like the lounge. Haven't had a water view, not sure you can? Swisshotel is fabulously located. Grace is charming. Can't go wrong with any of them.

Keep checking Pier 1 snagged one the other day for $390. But Jan is peak season.

I see some rooms for around that price but it is when you go for a balcony that the price skyrockets. Have to count this one out. Thank you.

Hi we just came back from Sydney after a South Pacific Cruise and stayed at the Meriton Service Apartments World tower, no balcony but our 2 bedroom apartment was very spacious and the views from our ceiling to floor windows were amazing, the staff are very efficient and friendly, they are in Liverpool Street, surrounded by shops and lots of Restaurants and walking distance to Circular Quays, Darling Harbour and the Rocks and Sydney Opera House, also close to the Cruise Terminal, taking a taxi was not expensive. We loved our stay at the apartments.

The Hyde Park Inn has balcony rooms overlooking Hyde Park. The rooms also have small kitchenettes that are great for multi-day stays. The hotel is right on the free bus that runs between Central Station and CQ. Our family stayed there are few years ago and liked its location right at Museum Station.