Back to Back Wine

astro57

Hi, I'm doing back to back in Port Everglades, first cruise is on Royal Caribbean, does anyone know if I can bring four bottles of wine on board and put two of them in storage until the end of the cruise. I'm trying to avoid leaving the port just to get wine.

Thanks,

Hi, I'm doing back to back in Port Everglades, first cruise is on Royal Caribbean, does anyone know if I can bring four bottles of wine on board and put two of them in storage until the end of the cruise. I'm trying to avoid leaving the port just to get wine.

Thanks,

Royal allows you to bring on 4 bottles of wine if you are on consecutive cruises.

Second cruise is on Princess, I'm not sure they will be as forgiving. :-)

You are doing a side to side......2 cruises, 2 different ships. RCI should hold your 2 bottles of wine and return it to you either the night prior to debarkation or the morning of debarkation.

Why wouldn't it just be held in the "naughty room" for them until the end of the cruise? Just like when I bought 4 bottles of rum in Grand Cayman and it wasn't given to me until the day we left the ship.

The way they handle liquor on initial embarkation is different than at port stops. At port stops, it's usually the ship's security that takes the alcohol and keeps it. This is normal and expected.

However, at initial embarkation, it is port security that screens carry-on bags, and prohibited items found there might not get on the ship.

• 3 weeks later...

So this is how it went down in the end. My wife had one bottle of wine in her carry on, I had one bottle of wine and two 50ml Tequila bottles in my carry on, plus one bottle of wine in one piece of luggage and a 1.5 litre bottle of wine in the other luggage. Everything made it to my room. So my plan backfired, I had five bottles, only left the ship with one bottle! I wish they hadn't trusted me to store the wine!