Anthem forward ship cabins 8502, 8504 etc.

jpuglvr

I read one lone review complaining of noise from the crew party area, whatever that is! Has anyone else stayed in the cabins at the very front of the ship on deck 8 and experienced noise all night long?

I did a cabin crawl that included one of these cabins. The occupants ADORED their cabin and had no complaints, including about noise.

I read one lone review complaining of noise from the crew party area, whatever that is! Has anyone else stayed in the cabins at the very front of the ship on deck 8 and experienced noise all night long?

You'll be fine on deck 8. Forward of those balcony cabins at the front of the ship are oceanview cabins which provide a nice cushion against the kind of noise you read about. We were on the Quantum of the Seas in a DO balcony cabin, first one forward, on deck 7. There were two nights when the crew was celebrating someone's birthday and the noise from the party came through the ceiling vents loudly enough that we could discern the lyrics of the songs they were singing. Of course they weren't singing constantly so it would go quiet for a while, then start up again. And stop again. You know, typical party noise. We didn't call the front desk until 2 am the first night. We really didn't want to wreck the crew's fun by complaining but they were better night owls than we were so in the end we had to! Of course by the time security stopped by our cabin all was quiet and remained so. Next night it was the same deal and when security came by again after midnight, they too heard it and investigated. They told us afterward that there were a few birthdays being celebrated and they crew didn't realize how their voices and music carried through the ducts. We had peace and quiet for the rest of the trip.

So in conclusion, over an eight night cruise, we were bothered only two nights by crew noise, and it was because of a special celebration, most certainly not an every day occurrence. And it was on one of Quantum's early sailings. I doubt anyone on deck 7 is bothered by noise now as they've surely figured out how the noise carries.