Abu Dhabi Cruise Port

worldtravellerrus

So if I were to take this HOHO, I would have to walk to stop # 8 or #9 to catch, correct?

Although we didn’t take the HOHO bus in Abu Dhabi on our MSC cruise last January, I definitely remember seeing those buses at the cruise port. I think they provide a free transfer for cruise passengers from the port to one of the bus stops (possibly stop #8 or #9). Hope this helps!

Edited by TeDaKi

Although we didn’t take the HOHO bus in Abu Dhabi on our MSC cruise last January, I definitely remember seeing those buses at the cruise port. I think they provide a free transfer for cruise passengers from the port to one of the bus stops (possibly stop #8 or #9). Hope this helps!

Thank you :D

Thank you so much.

When you left the ship, when you left the ship, did you have to go through Immigration and Customs when you were going to the airport?

Our plane leaves at 2:30 a.m. and heard horror stories about Immigration and Customs not open to get off the ship?

Check out this link. The cruise port is shown as Zayed Port, bottom of the map just left of centre.

http://eng.bigbustours.com/UploadedFiles/Abu_Dhabi_Map_Aug_15_201508045920.pdf

Thank you so much.

When you left the ship, when you left the ship, did you have to go through Immigration and Customs when you were going to the airport?

Our plane leaves at 2:30 a.m. and heard horror stories about Immigration and Customs not open to get off the ship?

I'm going to have a similar flight situation as you. I was told (by Celebrity Cruises) that I would not be able to disembark the ship until Immigration opened and that was typically around 7 or 8 am. I would opt for flying out that night/next morning.

I would imagine like any port, you would go through Immigration at the port and then at the airport leaving.

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

We heard the same BUT when you go on the Cruise Port site in Abu Dhabi, it says they are both open 24 hours in the new cruise terminal opening this year.

The bulk of the flights all go out between about Midnight to 4 a.m., so there has to be a way.

I wrote the Tourist people in Abu Dhabi and heard nothing back at all.

We are lucky in that we are in Abu Dhabi for 2-1/2 days, so if we have to get off early, we will.

If you hear anymore, please let me know and I will do the same

I'm going to have a similar flight situation as you. I was told (by Celebrity Cruises) that I would not be able to disembark the ship until Immigration opened and that was typically around 7 or 8 am. I would opt for flying out that night/next morning.

I would imagine like any port, you would go through Immigration at the port and then at the airport leaving.

We heard the same BUT when you go on the Cruise Port site in Abu Dhabi, it says they are both open 24 hours in the new cruise terminal opening this year.

The bulk of the flights all go out between about Midnight to 4 a.m., so there has to be a way.

I wrote the Tourist people in Abu Dhabi and heard nothing back at all.

We are lucky in that we are in Abu Dhabi for 2-1/2 days, so if we have to get off early, we will.

If you hear anymore, please let me know and I will do the same

oh interesting :eek: