Saint John on Thanksgiving

hp_slash

Hi, I just booked a Carnival Cruise to Canada for October 2016. I checked the itinerary and we'll be in Saint John, NB on Monday, October 10 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM--which is Thanksgiving Day in Canada. Will anything be open in the area on that day? Stores, restaurants, tour companies? I was looking to take a tour to St. Martins and see the Sea Caves, but I don't know if there'll be any local tour companies available.

If you are booking a private tour, verify with the tour operator..

If you are taking a ship's tour, they wouldn't be selling a tour to St. Martins and Sea Caves if they were not able to take you there.

As to shops/stores and restaurants, my guess is yes, some will be open.

Hi, I just booked a Carnival Cruise to Canada for October 2016. I checked the itinerary and we'll be in Saint John, NB on Monday, October 10 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM--which is Thanksgiving Day in Canada. Will anything be open in the area on that day? Stores, restaurants, tour companies? I was looking to take a tour to St. Martins and see the Sea Caves, but I don't know if there'll be any local tour companies available.

Thanksgiving is a serious atatuatory holiday here. Stores are closed. There may be the odd tourist shopping venue open with a ship in port, but I would not count on much. Restaurants would be open, generally speaking. The sea Caves can be seen - just watch the tide schedule. Ships tours should run. Whether smaller tour operators choose to work on this day is best found out by inquiring. If you are comfortable renting a car, you can drive there as well.

Smaller stores in the Uptown area that are frequented by cruise ship passengers will have a higher chance of being open. Market Square, City Hall and Brunswick Square will be open at least in so far as they are part of the interior link (ie the buildings are linked with pedways so we can stay out of the snow in the winter). The stores may or may not be open.

A few weeks before local businesses will have their hours posted and if you can tell me then what specific ones you're looking for I can keep my eye peeled for their hours.

Edited to add I have no idea about tour operators.

Edited by Paraveina
addition