PAy no attention to iConcierge, and watch your bill

CruisinHarvey

For background I'm an NCL platinum member. Just off the Escape on the 13th of february. We had $200 in OBC, in addition to UBP and the 4 day SDP promo.

First problem, on a couple of occasions, I found really odd charges on my account using iConcierge. The first time, customer service said it took a while for it catch up. After showing the odd charges, they said to wait a day. OK, fine. The next day I see more odd charges, like $13.50 for a show reservation(not DSC), $7.95 for a drink on Teppanyaki, I could go on, their were at least 10 of them. After talking again at customer service, they told me to pay no attention to the charges on iConcierge, and that the only bill that mattered was the hard copy. All righty then. I'd suggest removing that feature from the app.

So, off to the hard copy we go on disembarkation day. Going into the last day, and I'll be checking, from now on, we had $51 left in OBC. spend $17 at the Cellar(they've raised the price of our Pouilly since December). had 34 bucks left. So, we stopped by the shops and got a $33 something or other for my wife's niece. That got missed for OBC. Down to customer service, After an explanation of what I thought happened, the first guy had realized he had no clue how to help. I had to go the ship credit line( guessing all money issues have to go here, eventually) for help. I explained the situation, and the lady assured me, she could show me why the bill was correct. She started typing away, and away, and then without comment, she them printed out the bill, with $33 removed from the total.

Bottom line - NCL billing leaves something to be desired. Don't depend on iConcierge to check your account transactions. Check your bill thoroughly before you get off the ship. I'm lucky. Without UBP, there are generally a large number of transactions on my bill. Maybe we have a bit too much to drink on vacation. :o Without a calculator, it's almost impossible to ensure we've charged correctly for everything. In this case, with no drinks on the bill, It was less than a page.

Edited by CruisinHarvey

For background I'm an NCL platinum member. Just off the Escape on the 13th of february. We had $200 in OBC, in addition to UBP and the 4 day SDP promo.

First problem, on a couple of occasions, I found really odd charges on my account using iConcierge. The first time, customer service said it took a while for it catch up. After showing the odd charges, they said to wait a day. OK, fine. The next day I see more odd charges, like $13.50 for a show reservation(not DSC), $7.95 for a drink on Teppanyaki, I could go on, their were at least 10 of them. After talking again at customer service, they told me to pay no attention to the charges on iConcierge, and that the only bill that mattered was the hard copy. All righty then. I'd suggest removing that feature from the app.

So, off to the hard copy we go on disembarkation day. Going into the last day, and I'll be checking, from now on, we had $51 left in OBC. spend $17 at the Cellar(they've raised the price of our Pouilly since December). had 34 bucks left. So, we stopped by the shops and got a $33 something or other for my wife's niece. That got missed for OBC. Down to customer service, After an explanation of what I thought happened, the first guy had realized he had no clue how to help. I had to go the ship credit line( guessing all money issues have to go here, eventually) for help. I explained the situation, and the lady assured me, she could show me why the bill was correct. She started typing away, and away, and then without comment, she them printed out the bill, with $33 removed from the total.

Bottom line - NCL billing leaves something to be desired. Don't depend on iConcierge to check your account transactions. Check your bill thoroughly before you get off the ship. I'm lucky. Without UBP, there are generally a large number of transactions on my bill. Maybe we have a bit too much to drink on vacation. :o Without a calculator, it's almost impossible to ensure we've charged correctly for everything. In this case, with no drinks on the bill, It was less than a page.

This is exactly why i check / balance against my receipts every day . If you do this daily it only takes a few minutes and it saves all the back tracking at the end of the cruise going over all the purchases made during the cruise .