Hilton Diagonal in Barcelona

dskenn

We stayed there, and would not do so again. it is far from Ramblas, where everything is. Not much around it, so we didn't find any good eating places other than the hotel. Need taxis or transportation to get most places. it is a business hotel, not too much for tourists.

While there are quite a few hotels in that area, it is low on our list of neighborhoods we would use a base for exploration. A hotel close to the Ramblas and/or Gothic Quarter would our own preference and our normal home away from home in Barcelona is the old Hotel Colon (especially rooms with a Cathedral view).

Hank

While there are quite a few hotels in that area, it is low on our list of neighborhoods we would use a base for exploration. A hotel close to the Ramblas and/or Gothic Quarter would our own preference and our normal home away from home in Barcelona is the old Hotel Colon (especially rooms with a Cathedral view).

Hank

Bear in mind that due to Hotel Colon's prime location on the square facing the cathedral, noise may be an issue on high days and holy days. I was in the square at 5pm on Friday 12th February, the feast day of Saint Eulalia, patron saint of Barcelona. Scaffolding had been erected, amplification equipment installed, and a group of young men were making a frightful racket under the belief they had some musical talent. In this they were mistaken. I offered up a silent prayer to the saint that I was not staying in Hotel Colon that day. I do not know until what hour the noise continued, whether it lasted over the weekend, or how frequently such events occur.

Dermot

Also bear in mind that you have the Hilton Barcelona on Diagonal in the business district and you then also have Hilton Diagonal Mar, which is down by the seafront.

Comments about these properties are often confused. Barcelona is a city that is very easy to get around.

Unlike many, I would never stay near the lower Ramblas, but would instead always choose the Eixample. This is just a personal preference and you can enjoy a stay in any Barcelona neighborhood with proper planning.