Pier location to Phillipsburg ?

lbtnewcruiser

There is shopping right at the pier just like every other port. You can walk into Philipsburg but we took a taxi since we had our luggage getting off the ship. I would skip the shops next to the pier and go in. I believe there is a water taxi too but we didn't use that so I can't speak to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is shopping right at the pier just like every other port. You can walk into Philipsburg but we took a taxi since we had our luggage getting off the ship. I would skip the shops next to the pier and go in. I believe there is a water taxi too but we didn't use that so I can't speak to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[

/We did a land vacation 25 years ago in St Maarten and loved Phillipsburg, just don't know where in relationship the ship docks ? We only cruised there once but took a tour and never went in to town so my bearings are off. Was hoping to go to Divi for most of the day then taxi to town, although 25 years ago we walked from Divi to town I hear that it's not as safe now, so we were thinking we could wald to the ship from town if that is doable and safe ? Tring to figure how much time we need so we don't cut it too close getting back to the ship ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[

/We did a land vacation 25 years ago in St Maarten and loved Phillipsburg, just don't know where in relationship the ship docks ? We only cruised there once but took a tour and never went in to town so my bearings are off. Was hoping to go to Divi for most of the day then taxi to town, although 25 years ago we walked from Divi to town I hear that it's not as safe now, so we were thinking we could wald to the ship from town if that is doable and safe ? Tring to figure how much time we need so we don't cut it too close getting back to the ship ?

If you take a taxi to Divi I would get the taxi to drop you off along the boardwalk instead of going all the way back to the ship. Walk some and decide if you want to walk all the way back to the ship (lots of people do), catch a taxi or water taxi. You can see the ship and decide how much time and energy you have.