Dawn Princess Suite

Kentchikan

Thanks Coral. You are amazing. I appreciate your sending me the link. It looks good and pretty roomy. Is there a problem with people looking down on you? Do you know which deck is the Caribe on the stern picture? Thanks again.

Kent

Thanks Coral. You are amazing. I appreciate your sending me the link. It looks good and pretty roomy. Is there a problem with people looking down on you? Do you know which deck is the Caribe on the stern picture? Thanks again.

Kent

Now the complicated questions - I would guess the 2nd from the top (but I could be wrong). The third from the top only has aft balconies and I know Caribe has side balconies. Hopefully someone can confirm for sure.

If you look at a side image of the ship - the Caribe deck has a smaller opening for their balconies on the side of the ship:

Image-E49544A4C8A011D8.jpg-thumb_269_202.jpg

Kent,

we had C749 on the DAWN, SUN and SEA.

Is there a problem with people looking down on you?

The balcony is very intimate. People from above can ony see your head and shoulder when you are standing close to the railing. If you sit down or lay on your deck chair nobody can see you.

Do you know which deck is the Caribe on the stern picture?

If you look at the aft pic, you see from the bottom up first Promenade deck (with the windows like a mirror), one deck higher is Dolphin, then comes Caribe and then Aloha.

Coral, 2nd from the top is right.

Thanks one and all for the information. I took the ferry from where I live into San Francisco and sailed by the Dawn. It was exciting. My wife and I had lunch at Butterfly, a restaurant on the pier from which you can see the ship. It was fun to watch it while we ate. I met many people on the ferry on the way over that are now on the Dawn. A great idea but we take too much luggage for that. Also met people disembarking and taking the Ferry the other way. The reviews were great except for a too hot, too humid PV.

Kent

It's actually a mini suite and we were in it this year January. We absolutly loved it. We tryed to get it on the Sun for January 06 but it was booked so we booked same C744 same cabin Port side. It's huge. The balcony is huge and very private. The only time that I felt anyone looking was if I stood at the railing and looked up and back a little bit. People would have to be standing at the railing looking down from the aft of the ship and they are not as far out as you. It is wonderful. There are two loungers with a little table between them plus a table and four chairs...all teak. It is the second balcony down. So you are like the middle balcony aft. You will love it. I am not sure if we can ever go to a regular balcony cabin again. :o

Just an FYI - I believe the aft minisuites and suites are reversed on the Sun Princess compared to the Dawn and Sea Princess. If someone mentions something on the Dawn, double check and make sure it is accurate on the Sun Princess if it relates to aft cabins.

If you look at the aft pic, you see from the bottom up first Promenade deck (with the windows like a mirror), one deck higher is Dolphin, then comes Caribe and then Aloha.
Just a slight correction – it’s Promenade, Dolphin, Caribe and Baja. Aloha deck does not have aft suites or mini suites.

Coral,your photos were beatuiful,the best i'v seen of the DAWN yet.Its grand,and the blue colors in the decor.I was thinking it was more in peach tones from the other photos i'v seen.Our first cruise will be on the DAWN on Nov.20th. I can't wait,Im driving my DH crazy,trying to find out everthing I can before we go.I know its not the bigest ship ,but it looks huge to me!thanks again for posting your photos...Still waiting(dreaming)for our cruise...CANDY

Coral,your photos were beatuiful,the best i'v seen of the DAWN yet.Its grand,and the blue colors in the decor.I was thinking it was more in peach tones from the other photos i'v seen.Our first cruise will be on the DAWN on Nov.20th. I can't wait,Im driving my DH crazy,trying to find out everthing I can before we go.I know its not the bigest ship ,but it looks huge to me!thanks again for posting your photos...Still waiting(dreaming)for our cruise...CANDY

Candy -

Princess does have a lot of peaches, light blues and light greens on their ships.

Enjoy your first cruise! You will never forget it :) My first cruise was on the Fascination but I consider my first Princess cruise on the Sea Princess as the ship that made me fall in love with cruising. The Sea Princess is a sister of the Dawn. IMO - you may find that you love the size of the Dawn Princess, the more I sail on the larger ships, the more I appreciate and prefer the smaller ships.

P.S. - Remember to eat at the pizzeria :)

Archived