Carnival Magic post dry dock deck plans?

jxtgreek

I have not seen a link to show the deck plans but if you go to Carnival; http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/carnival-magic.aspx , then click on explore more for the dining and activities. It list everything that is coming soon. I wish we were getting the Bonsai Sushi & the Playlist Productions.

I went to the link that you gave, and it does NOT show what is coming soon. It still shows what is currently on the ship. And, I would be surprised if it does not get the Playlist Productions. This has been a feature added to every ship that gets the 2.0 upgrades.

I went to the link that you gave, and it does NOT show what is coming soon. It still shows what is currently on the ship. And, I would be surprised if it does not get the Playlist Productions. This has been a feature added to every ship that gets the 2.0 upgrades.

Actually it does show what is coming soon.

Click on the link and then click on "Explore onboard dining" the blue tab.

It then brings up the list of all onboard items, if you look at the very first one it says Guy's Burger Joint and has a banner across the top saying "coming soon"

That shows what is post dry dock.

So the same applies to; Blue iguana cantina, Fat Jimmy's, Pizzeria Del Capitano,

Also it shows under the "Onboard Activities" the Red Frog rum Bar, Alchemy Bar and Blue Iguana Tequilla Bar as coming soon.

What this list does not do is say which are leaving (Burrito bar, oceanside bar b q) Or which are being relocated (Deli?)

I read somewhere NO to playlist productions. We were on the Magic last October and thought the "magic" type shows were some of the best we have seen.

I read somewhere NO to playlist productions. We were on the Magic last October and thought the "magic" type shows were some of the best we have seen.

Neither playlist production nor Hasbro the game show have been reported anywhere as being added.

they are not listed on the Magic's activity list in any fashion. So no "coming soon" banner.

That shows what is post dry dock.

So the same applies to; Blue iguana cantina, Fat Jimmy's, Pizzeria Del Capitano,

Also it shows under the "Onboard Activities" the Red Frog rum Bar, Alchemy Bar and Blue Iguana Tequilla Bar as coming soon.

What this list does not do is say which are leaving (Burrito bar, oceanside bar b q) Or which are being relocated (Deli?)

Actually, no Fat Jimmy's BBQ. The Seaside BBQ is staying according to the website.

I just booked Carnival Magic for end of April out of Port Canaveral so this is after all the current dry doc work is complete. Is there a link anywhere to what deck plans might look like after dry doc?

We're on this cruise too. Can't wait!

What's the difference between the two?

I am not 100% sure as I have not had either, but from what I have read it seems that Fat Jimmy's is more like a real BBQ place with pork, beef, chicken and the Seaside BBQ is more of a grill type place.

Hopefully someone else that knows for sure can tell us.

Alchemy Bar is going into Ocean Plaza

Correct - from what I can tell from the current layout and posted pictures, it appears to be going in to the bar that is next to the Red Frog Pub. On the current deck plans it is labeled as "Plaza Bar". That's my best educated guess!

Cruisehive showed pictures of the bbq joint being rebuilt, redesigned.

The oceanside has a different menu. Hamburgers sliders , soft bbq tacos, hot dogs, quesadilla ..stuff available elsewhere on board. Which is why it makes no sense to keep.

Fat jimmys has chicken, sausages, kielbasa and pulled pork sandwiches.

The picture captioned on cruisehive, said fat jimmys gets updated, or something like that.

Now neither BBQ joint is showing as being on the ship?

I believe the pizza got moved to Lido aft (to make room for the BI Cantina), which means either the Deli or Tandoor had to move. Both are still listed as venues, which means one of them could have been moved to the former BBQ place (meaning no more BBQ place). Just a theory.

Edited by Cruise, J.D.

I believe the pizza got moved to Lido aft (to make room for the BI Cantina), which means either the Deli or Tandoor had to move. Both are still listed as venues, which means one of them could have been moved to the former BBQ place (meaning no more BBQ place). Just a theory.

Deli moved into the buffet where the burrito bar was.

Tandoor can't easily be moved as the special ovens are there.

Neither the deli or tandoor would make any sense on deck 5 in the bbq area.

We had the Hasbro game show on the Conquest and I will not miss it on the Magic if it is not included in the upgrades.

Honestly, unless you get called up to participate on the stage it was rather "meh"

Definitely seen far more entertaining shows and activities on cruise ships.

On Carnival's website -

Renovations completed during dry dock: 2/21/16-3/06/16

• Routine hotel maintenance
  • Cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting and tile work in lounges and public areas
  • Alchemy Bar (replaced Plaza Bar at Ocean Plaza)
  • Pizzeria del Capitano (replaced Carnival Deli)
  • Carnival Deli was relocated to interior section of Lido restaurant
  • Guy's Burger Joint (replaced Off the Grill)
  • Blue Iguana Cantina (replaced Pizzeria)
  • Redfrom Rum Bar (replaced pool bar)
  • Blue Iguana Tequila Bar (replaced pool bar)