RC transfer Marriott IAH to port .

Reina del Mar

First, let me say that I have never cruised from Galveston.

What I can add, however, is that the last time I was through IAH, both Carnival and Royal Caribbean had manned tables set up in the baggage claim area to collect passengers. Worst case scenario, from the Marriott IAH (assuming you mean the one connected to the airport), you go downstairs, take the train to a terminal and meet up with the cruise line for transportation (if you have paid for it).

I could be wrong, hopefully someone will correct me if I am.

dctravel

First, let me say that I have never cruised from Galveston.

What I can add, however, is that the last time I was through IAH, both Carnival and Royal Caribbean had manned tables set up in the baggage claim area to collect passengers. Worst case scenario, from the Marriott IAH (assuming you mean the one connected to the airport), you go downstairs, take the train to a terminal and meet up with the cruise line for transportation (if you have paid for it).

I could be wrong, hopefully someone will correct me if I am.

dctravel

It has changed. You can now come into Houston before cruise day and show up at the airport on cruise day and get the RCCL shuttle at either airport. IAH or Hobby. The travel agent does not have to make false travel plans anymore. However, you cannot book transportation with them after two weeks before cruise day. You can however come to the airport cruise day and they will try to accommodate you on one of the buses. If you book thru RCCL both your hotel and transfer thru RCCL then you can be picked up at the Marriott. The transportation from the pier to airports usually leave the pier by 900a to 945a to airports. This can be arranged onboard the ship before thurs am. Transportation goes on your onboard account either to or from the pier. No money changes hands a airport.

Thank you.

We are actually flying in a few days early, picking up a hire car and staying in Galveston. Then on Saturday driving back to airport, dropping hire car and staying at Marriott IAH, prior to RC transfer to port.

This is a huge fuss I know, but due to out travel agent being unable to arrange a one way drop for the car, seemed to be easiest solution. They do not deal with Enterprise. Considered Texas City, decided against it.

We have a 3pm flight out of IAH so would need to be at airport by noon. If we had left car at Galveston hotel, then picked up after cruise, we were a little concerned about delays through immigration...last time over two hours at Galveston port, then relying on hotel shuttle, then drive on unfamiliar roads, dropping car off and returning to airport !!!!!!!!!!!

Besides all that, I am interested in the actual TIMES the shuttle leaves IAH Marriott, arrives in port and also return schedules.

Thanks for any input.

Do you know what the Transfer chargers are PP with Royal Hotel + Transfer. Did I understand you to say, if you fly into Houston the day before, you will need to return to the Airport to pick up the Transfer?

Sorry, our price was a complete package price for stay at Galveston , stay at Marriott IAH as well as transfers...all included with car hire, international flights and cruise.

However, I believe I read somewhere on here that RC transfers IAH to port are $47 per person. Less for Hobby.

Thank you, we are planning a cruise with friends next year to help them celebrate their 50th and flying in from Palm Springs, Ca. I have looked at the options of renting a car from IAH and have it to drive down to Galveston but now rethinking, we might be better off paying for the Transfers. $47 PP isn't bad. I somehow can't see paying for a car for a week only to drive down to Galveston & back.

Checking possible flights isn't bad, PSP via LAX arriving in IAH 2:45 PM, Return 5:15 arriving in PSP 8:50 PM on United.

Thank you, we are planning a cruise with friends next year to help them celebrate their 50th and flying in from Palm Springs, Ca. I have looked at the options of renting a car from IAH and have it to drive down to Galveston but now rethinking, we might be better off paying for the Transfers. $47 PP isn't bad. I somehow can't see paying for a car for a week only to drive down to Galveston & back.

Checking possible flights isn't bad, PSP via LAX arriving in IAH 2:45 PM, Return 5:15 arriving in PSP 8:50 PM on United.

Think you'd have to fly in the day before and spend the night at an airport hotel, then take transfer on sailing day.

Some hotels in Galveston allow parking for cruise duration with a one night stay...with time of our return flight wasn't really an option .

We would definitely fly in the day before the cruise, possibly 2. Our friends are in a better situation as they can drive down to Houston and stay with Son & DIL, then head down the night before the cruise and stay in Galveston overnight and shuttle to cruise terminal. I have time to check out all options & compare costs for us and if I see we can head down to Galveston the day of our flight arrival and spend the night and get a shuttle back after the cruise, then we will do that. I am reluctant to use Cruise Transfers as the bus has to wait on all passengers needing it before they can leave. This happened to us in Seattle once and had to get a cab back to the airport as the bus couldn't have gotten us to the airport in time. We were late arriving in Seattle by 2 hours.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

We would definitely fly in the day before the cruise, possibly 2. Our friends are in a better situation as they can drive down to Houston and stay with Son & DIL, then head down the night before the cruise and stay in Galveston overnight and shuttle to cruise terminal. I have time to check out all options & compare costs for us and if I see we can head down to Galveston the day of our flight arrival and spend the night and get a shuttle back after the cruise, then we will do that. I am reluctant to use Cruise Transfers as the bus has to wait on all passengers needing it before they can leave. This happened to us in Seattle once and had to get a cab back to the airport as the bus couldn't have gotten us to the airport in time. We were late arriving in Seattle by 2 hours.

We have used the transfer from Marriott IAH previously. I was just trying to get times. The transfer leaves hotel at a specific time and all those using it are instructed to meet in the hotel lobby prior to leaving time. Luggage is collected by bell staff at 9.30 am. For the return transfer we are relying on RC due to flight time....as we have booked as a package, they will have to get us there on time or be liable for rearrangements. ...This may not be suitable for you.

Many times, Cruise flights for us anyway will have us getting to LAX, when we have an INTL Airport here and find we may pay more in flight cost but it comes out about the same if we were to get to LAX, get a Hotel + food for 1 night. We can be sent through PHX, DFW or LAX for a Houston or even east coast Departure. They have now added a Non stop flight to JFK during the Season.