Carnival Pride Feb 14-20 Vday cruise

tiffy0428

Hello everyone on Saturday, I returned from a 6 night cruise on the beautiful Pride. I must say that she is a very beautiful ship. It was always very clean (didn't always smell good) and the decor I absolutely love it. I will post pictures in the end.

Along this journey it was myself 32 year old counselor Tiffany and my lovely boyfriend 44 year old History Teacher. Friday we left New York about 7pm. First we had to drop my two daughter off in NJ at my mother’s house. The weather was cold and windy, but there wasn't any snow around. After dropping them off we headed for Washington, DC where my boyfriend sister lives.

The drive was uneventful. I actually drove the whole way from NY to NJ to DC it was about 5 hours. During the drive there was a few snow showers but nothing serious. We arrived in Washington at 1:06 am. We stopped at checkers and got a sandwich (well he did, I don’t eat that late) and headed into the house. His sister was up waiting for us, we said our hellos and went to bed. The next day his sister and I went to The Mansion on O Street. It was a great experience, it’s a Hotel and Museum all in one. It’s three brownstone houses all together; and throughout it there are secret doors, and rooms. Everything in there is for sale. You get to walk around and check out the rooms (if no one is occupying them at the time) there are many rooms with different themes. My favorite was the log cabin room. It was big and spacious. It has a loft type of feel. The bathtub in there was the best! If you’re ever in the DC area you should take a tour there, you won’t be disappointed.

CRUISE DAY 2-14-2016

We woke up around 7 am after partying at Club Bliss the night before. I checked my email and of course there was an email from carnival stating that there will be a delay due to adverse weather conditions and them getting to the port late. Our arrival time was now 6pm, can’t you see my angry face lol. We stayed in the bed, and we sat around for a while however I was too anxious to sit around so at 12 I suggested we get up and head to Baltimore. We got up showered blah blah blah, said our goodbyes and headed to Baltimore. The ride was really short it was about 35 minutes. Of course me being who I am, I went over to the port. There was a guy standing out there he stopped me and handed me a piece of paper that pretty much read no you can’t come in take this $15 on board credit and come back at 3pm grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

So with the sad face again I left and went to the mall. I stopped at VS to get some sweat pants, and then cvs to grab some last minute things after doing all that it was now 3:00pm and time to start the first part of my vacation. Of course when I got back to the port the line was longggggggggggggggg. I cursed under my breath and sat there. Oddly enough it moved fast and I was paying ($90) and parking in about 30 minutes. The process was easy. It was crowded but it didn’t take long. I went through security. Ryan had an open bottle of rum that they took , he claims he forgot that it was in his bag. I didn’t have anything on me. We stood in line and moved slowly around the ropes. We got our sail in signs and headed right to the ship. It was about a 40 minute process give or take. I saw a lot of confiscated cases of water and bottle of sodas. Dam!

When I first walked on the ship all I could say was WOW what a beautiful ship. It was clean and cold lol. Our room was already ready so we walked up the stairs to deck 4 aft room 4219. The room was an aft balcony and it looked no different than any other room I have had thus far on carnival. We didn’t walk the ship, we just unpacked and poured us a drink (we had brought two bottles to have in our room) and laid back and relax well we thought so. Our room was extremely cold you read me extremely cold. I am not a complainer however it was just way too cold did I say it was cold. I called guest services. They said they would send someone up. They offered us two robs and more blankets. When they came to check the temperature that said yes you’re right it’s cold in here. I was about to doze off after putting on my robe and wrapping in 3 blankets but then I remember MUSTER DRILL.

I was in Muster Station C which was the bottom level dining room. We had to walk outside and go into the dining room through some crew only door that was outside. Whew, I thought they were going to make us stand in the freezing cold. That was the fastest muster drill I think I have ever been too. It seem to be over before it even began. We were both tired so we just went to our ice box and called it a night.

Few questions.

Did they find out what the delay was of why the pride came into port late with the electrical problems

Were the fun ship stocked by the new vendor and open thru out cruise

If u were cold what did your cabin temp read? I hear everyone say it's at 72 and very hot. U must have got lucky. I'm dreading my cabin temp. 8k extended balcony in 3 weeks

Thanks

Edited by caddykid12

1st sea day, we got up and headed to the lido for breakfast. I was impressed with how the lines were. There never seem to be a long line anywhere on the ship. The longest line I ever encountered was at guy’s burger. For breakfast every day I had oatmeal, potatoes, and bacon. I don’t eat powdered eggs, and the guys at the omelet station couldn’t seem to get it right so I didn’t have any eggs the whole trip. The lemonade boy do you have to water that down, it was incredibly sour. Because it was still cold outside we just hung around the ship. We went to Alchemy and the Gabe was great. He made me this pineapple infused vodka martini that was out of this world. I had about 2 every day of the cruise.

We went to the fun shops and got some duty free liquor. 2 Makers Mark for $46 2 Crown Royale for $37 and 1 Grand Marian however you spell it for $34. They had the usual game shows and trivia going on throughout the day. This day was elegant night and I must say more than half of the people in my opinion were not dressed for elegant night. I wore a black dress and black blazer and Ryan wore blue jeans, dress shirt, tie and blazer. There were people with jeans and t-shirts on, men with sandals, women with shorts and a shirt on. Oh well I will always participate plus I love to get dressed to go to dinner.

Pride has switched to the American Menu and I must say that I am not a fan. I had the lobster he had the steak I think. They now offer a Kale salad which is good. I ordered that every night, and when they had the crab cake I would get that as well. I only ate in the dining room 3 out of the 6 nights. After dinner we went to the one and only comedy show that we ever made it to. It was just OK. He made us laugh or chuckle maybe once or twice but hey it was something to do. That night we went to the dance club. The music was good it wasn’t that crowded but it was still good. When we were in the dance club there was a guy in there with his cowboy hat on and he (the entire cruise) had a confederate flag beer holder that he used but it’s a free country right. We stayed in the dance club until about 3am and then called it a night.

This was night number two and we still didn’t have a towel animal * sad face*

Recap of the day……….. I love a small ship, it was always easy to get from one end of the ship to the next in no time. I like the alchemy bar but it’s a little bland. It was never really full and there’s nothing there but their specialty drinks. I feel like they need to offer more. However the space is nice and the chairs are comfy. My day was cool, having a good travel partner makes the day go by fast. I realized I no longer get the fun ship specials when I get on the ship, I actually didn’t drink one the whole cruise.

Few questions.

Did they find out what the delay was of why the pride came into port late with the electrical problems

If u were cold what did your cabin temp read? I hear everyone say it's at 72 and very hot. U must have got lucky. I'm dreading my cabin temp. 8k extended balcony in 3 weeks

Thanks

Yes it was very cold in my room on the first two days so that was the 14th and 15th, after that my room was hot and I slept with the Balcony door open every night after that. As we got closer to port coming back my room got cold again, but at that point I didn't care as I was getting off the ship anyway.

I don't think it was an electrical problem, they were telling us it was a weather problem. We had some waves and big winds leaving out, but nothing too major.

The stores were fully stocked, I didn't buy anything but alcohol. My room was reading 45 degrees when it was cold but then after that I never had the temperature checked again.

2nd sea day I got a late start this morning, too many martinis the night before at the dance club. I got up showered and headed to breakfast. I had my usual and went to grab a seat, after dinner we went to the lido deck. They were doing sign-ups for the mixologist contest. The sign up was for 12:00pm the contest was 12:30 pm. I put my name in to do it but didn’t get picked. I didn’t stay around to see who won. To be honest this was just a regular day. There’s nothing interesting that happened. We just hung around the ship, went and sat in red frog for a while and listened to the live music. It was still a bit cold so I wasn’t interested in going beyond deck 9. We went to the dance club again and the music was again cool. I was happy they didn’t do a lot of line dancing songs, they would just play the cupid shuffle and keep it moving.

Recap of day……….I don’t understand why when you’re trying to get food , why the workers have to jump in front of you or while you’re getting food; they come up and start cleaning or wiping down the area where someone may have dropped a potato or a little something. They should be mindful of phobias that some people may have and before any big mouth say something, yes I know it’s their jobs but not only does it hold up the line but people don’t always want someone with a dirty dish cloth cleaning up food where they’re trying to get food from.

This sea day was uneventful, we did a lot of ppl watching and we also spent a lot of time in our room in the bed. I don’t always want to name that tune, or guess that tv show. Also I don’t remember carnival bed being the way they are now. They need a better trick with putting the beds together. I kept falling in between the beds and oh please don’t try and do the hanky panky it’s really not that easy.

Few questions.

Thanks

We were on the 2/14 Pride cruise too. We had the floor supervisor stop by our stateroom on day two to ask us a few questions since we cruised the Pride a few times before. The questions were about overall service and the staterooms. I asked about the coldness of the ship in general and he indicated they had a HVAC issue that had been repaired. After that we did not have a problem with the stateroom temperature.