Guy's Burgers....Can They Be-That Enticing?

MAGNUM PI

Guy's Burgers are tremendous! I won't say they're better than 5 Guy's, but they're both in the same category. The toppings bar is really good, and the fries are nice as well. I've never had a dry burger, and they're generally distributing them as fast as they're able to make them. A cheeseburger/fries/coke at 5 Guy's costs $13, and you're still on land, Guy's is included in the fare, and you're on a Cruise Ship!!!

Well, I will admit that the deciding factor between cruising out of NOLA or Galveston for our upcoming cruise was Guy's and Alchemy...Freedom had both. DH has not had the pleasure of either and I wanted him to have that opportunity....yes, it was all about him, really....no, really.....:D

Love Guy's. Our last 2 cruises (Liberty & Sunshine) both had one. I will say that I thought the burgers on Liberty where better than those on Sunshine and my Wife agreed. Not sure why, but we both shared the same opinion.

Pro Tip - You can always ask for a extra patty... or 2! I enjoyed a few "double stacks" and one triple! Yes, I have a hearty appetite! :cool:

Funny that White Castle and Krystal come up in a conversation about burgers.

Yes they are hamburgers. But sliders should be considered a sub-group of hamburgers with White Castle being the original. They were referred to derogatorily as sliders as far back as I can remember (late 50's early 60's) because if you ate too many they would slide right through ya':p

Charlie (Slider eater for over 50 years)

Booked a Magic cruise for 2017. Magic currently getting upgraded, to include Guy's Burgers. I have never experienced this burger.

I have sensed people's anticipation, of the addition of this food offering.

What exactly makes Guy's Burgers, in an apparent class by themselves? There must be something that causes

such eager appetites? They seem to be legendary.

It's chopped meat. If you look past the hype, you'll just see they're trying to get you to eat the cheap food, instead of the real stuff. No one goes to McDonalds when you've already paid to eat at Olive Garden.

Guy's Burgers are tremendous! I won't say they're better than 5 Guy's, but they're both in the same category. The toppings bar is really good, and the fries are nice as well. I've never had a dry burger, and they're generally distributing them as fast as they're able to make them. A cheeseburger/fries/coke at 5 Guy's costs $13, and you're still on land, Guy's is included in the fare, and you're on a Cruise Ship!!!

So you're paying $599+ to eat hamburgers on a ship.

It's chopped meat. If you look past the hype, you'll just see they're trying to get you to eat the cheap food, instead of the real stuff. No one goes to McDonalds when you've already paid to eat at Olive Garden.

I agree, and I LOVE burgers. The think and juicy burgers I make at home are much better. I prefer to eat at the carving station and salad bar for lunch and better cuts of meat for dinner on a cruise.

I love Guys Burgers.

They are juicy and the meat is cooked well. The melty cheese has a great texture - it sticks to the burger without disintegrating into the burger and disappearing. It gives the right bun to meat ratio. And then the toppings are plentiful and varied. If you want to kick things up a notch, you can also head over to the Blue Iguana to add some salsa or hot sauce.

I like the Ringer with the onion ring and bourbon BBQ sauce (that sauce is quite literally - awesome sauce).

And the Chipotle mayo is the best dip for the fries.

DSC03182_zpsq4sqslyw.jpg

DSC02954_zpszaqn7mzp.jpg

Thanks for posting a delicious PIC of Guy's n Fry's. YUM.

BTW. Enjoying your review.

I ate one. I found it to be OK. Honestly, I think the original burgers Carnival cooks are better. I just don't get caught up in all the psych/mind branding stuff. The taste is what it is to each individual.....regardless of whose name is on it. I am not going to eat something I don't like just because some "chef's" name is on it. JMHO.