Cost of Sodas on ship

HI All,

How much are sodas on board, I usually drink 1 or 2 a day, would it be more sensible to buy the soda card or would my 1 or 2 a day be less expensive.

How much are beers by the bottle and does it differ between ships.

Thanks.

A can of soda is around $3 now. Less expensive buying 2 singly than the package.

Beers are around $6 to $8. Don't know if it differs.

Can't answer for all ships, but on the Anthem of the Seas, the soda package price is close to $10 a day. We used to buy it but skipped it this time. There is free iced tea to drink.

We also brought wine with us to have on the ship. I think we bought 4 sodas total for an 11 night cruise. I soda with the tip costs over $3 a drink.

To op, I am same way as you. I carried my own soda on board. It much cheaper. Never got confiscated. The store now sell 8 pack of soda in small plastic bottle, the same size as a can of soda. I got more soda at one of the port, never a problem getting it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks all. I appreciate your feedback. How much wine are you allowed to take and I will ponder greatly about taking soda.

Thanks again.

The cruise line allows you to bring on two 750ml bottles of wine per stateroom, regardless of how many guests are in the stateroom.

The cruise line allows you to bring on two 750ml bottles of wine per stateroom, regardless of how many guests are in the stateroom.

And many people report success in bringing two bottles per carry-on. It worked for us a couple of weeks ago. I had intended for us to go through different security lines as people have recommended but I realized I had only brought one printout of the boarding pass so we ended up going through right after each other. Security didn't bat an eye. We had no problems and I got my fancy $8 bottles of wine on board.

And many people report success in bringing two bottles per carry-on. It worked for us a couple of weeks ago. I had intended for us to go through different security lines as people have recommended but I realized I had only brought one printout of the boarding pass so we ended up going through right after each other. Security didn't bat an eye. We had no problems and I got my fancy $8 bottles of wine on board.

You probably saved over $100!:)

You probably saved over $100!:)

That's the best way to look at it. Or I lost $16 on the extra two bottles. :)

(I'm not the type of person to buy expensive drinks or wine at dinner. It's just not worth it to me. So RCI didn't lose any sales from me. I made it through the entire 7-day cruise with 3 bar charges -- one 2-for-1 beer (gold coupon), one 2-for-1 glass of wine (gold coupon) and one pina-colada-in-a-pineapple. These three transactions cost me about $40.)

If you take your own wine on the board, how does that work? Do you bring your own glass with you to dinner, or is it just to have around the ship? Sorry this may be a dumb question, first cruise coming up in April and drink cost/packages are making my head spin!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you take your own wine on the board, how does that work? Do you bring your own glass with you to dinner, or is it just to have around the ship? Sorry this may be a dumb question, first cruise coming up in April and drink cost/packages are making my head spin!

You can bring the whole bottle to dinner, and the wait staff will give you glasses. You can take the wine anywhere on the ship.

As Bob said, you're free to take it anywhere even to dinner. (Actually it didn't occur to me that you could take it to a bar but I guess it makes sense.)

You're in luck because they used to charge a $25 "corking fee" to open your $8 wine (in my case) at the dinner table.

To chill it, it (barely) fits in the room refrigerator. Or let it sit in the ice bucket for a while.