Allure Balcony/Ocean View Cabins 11544 and 11546 Room Configuration

abisha

Does anyone know of the room configuration of 11544 and 11546 on Allure? I am trying to find out if one of these rooms has the configuration that has the bed over by the sliding door and the couch near the entrance of the room. My agent called Royal but they said they have no idea. I thought the cabin configuration might be flip flopped for those that are next to each other. This is important to us as DH uses a mobility scooter. We usually "park" it in front of the couch or desk, but I don't think we could get around the bed. If the room configuration had the couch first, then we would be all set. It's frustrating that Royal doesn't know.

Our agent is looking into finding a handicap accessible cabin as well, but it would be nice to have two cabins together (with our kids next door), and I don't think that option is available.

Any info or photos would be helpful.

I am surprised a scooter fits thru the door. On the Oasis, I had a broken leg. I had a "regular" wheel-chair and it would not fit thru the door. I had to get up and hubby had to fold it. Maybe a scooter is more narrow?

That would be my concern, unless the scooter is significantly narrower than the wheelchair.

That would be my concern, unless the scooter is significantly narrower than the wheelchair.

Plus....I recall always seeing scooters parked in the hallways. My standard wheel-chair was a very narrow one too and no way it was getting thru the door. Thank goodness it was collapsible because it was rented and NO way would I want to leave it in the hall.

thanks for the info.

We have never had an issue with the scooter fitting through doorway of any standard cabin on any other line but not sure how it is with Royal. The scooters are slimmer than the wheelchair though.

However, the good news is that our agent did find us an accessible cabin with another cabin right next to it for the kids on Deck 9, and we are happy with the so it all worked out :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...