Upsell or upgrade? When is too late?

ARI421

I am leaving on Sunday on the breakaway.. I called the upsell number last week but there wasn't anything.. I called the regular number on Saturday and got an upgrade to a balcony for free.. I would love a spa room.. When is too late to late to call the upsell or regular number? I noticed as of this afternoon the cruise is no longer listed on ncl

Thanks

I am leaving on Sunday on the breakaway.. I called the upsell number last week but there wasn't anything.. I called the regular number on Saturday and got an upgrade to a balcony for free.. I would love a spa room.. When is too late to late to call the upsell or regular number? I noticed as of this afternoon the cruise is no longer listed on ncl

Thanks

https://www.ncl.com/vacations/norwegian-breakaway-feb-2016-2-guests?sailmonths=4294925772&ships=4294963125&cruise=1&cruiseHotel=1&cruiseHotelAir=1&cruiseTour=1&numberOfGuests=4294915774&advancedSearch=true

Cruise is still listed on the website tonight.

Official upsell desk closes at 5PM EST on Friday I believe, but you can call the regular number Saturday night, or between 8-9AM on Sunday morning.

I just called today I was offered haven for 500 pp

So you started with an inside cabin and were upgraded to a balcony for free and were offered the Haven for $500 pp is that correct? Did you take the latest offer?

Edited by Karysa

So you started with an inside cabin and were upgraded to a balcony for free and were offered the Haven for $500 pp is that correct? Did you take the latest offer?

Yes I started with an inside.. Prices dropped and I called the regular number a week before sailing and received a balcony room for free plus obc, called upsell number today and I was offered haven for 500. Pp I would have loved to take it but just couldn't swing it..

Yes I started with an inside.. Prices dropped and I called the regular number a week before sailing and received a balcony room for free plus obc, called upsell number today and I was offered haven for 500. Pp I would have loved to take it but just couldn't swing it..

I'm sure that you will enjoy your balcony. I'm likely to cancel my upcoming cruise in May and look to rebook at a discounted price. I to have an inside room but am more interested in saving money than upgrading and this seems to be the only way to do that. Enjoy your cruise.

Did you notice if the Haven was sold out on your cruise before you called the upsell#? The reason I ask is because our 3/5 Escape cruise shows the Haven sold out but wonder if they keep a couple open but don't show It. Looking to get upsell for Haven from mini suite. Thanks

Did you notice if the Haven was sold out on your cruise before you called the upsell#? The reason I ask is because our 3/5 Escape cruise shows the Haven sold out but wonder if they keep a couple open but don't show It. Looking to get upsell for Haven from mini suite. Thanks

Sorry, I didn't check before I call...

I called the regular number on Saturday and got an upgrade to a balcony for free.

Would you mind sharing what you said when you called? Did you just ask if that had any upgrades available? When you say "regular number," do you mean the main NCL number? And did you originally book your cruise through NCL or a third party? Thanks!

I called the upsell # for 3/6 cruise which is 11 days out and They were offering all the different cabin types in the Haven courtyard area. None left on Spa and aft. According to threads, those rooms go first and CC'ers are right .

I booked via CAS so I already board behind Haven guests so I was debating if I should do it or not. I was offered $750 for the first two guests and 3rd is free so it was $1500. Threads say they got offers such as $500pp so it's relatively the same (room holds 3). Anyway, I said I'll call back.... Did the math first. The web listing for Haven Courtyard Penthouse is $6500 for 3 people and $3500 was the total cost if I took the upgrade. I called back and took it. There was 5 left when I called. In the afternoon, they were all gone. If I waited another day, I would have missed it. There were other Haven rooms but too expensive for my taste. I just want to experience it. I hope it's worth $1500 extra.

Would you mind sharing what you said when you called? Did you just ask if that had any upgrades available? When you say "regular number," do you mean the main NCL number? And did you originally book your cruise through NCL or a third party? Thanks!

Hi, regular number I mean the main number yes, I booked directly through NCL the first time.

I called and said, I am one week away from sailing is there any better rooms you can offer me..