If you get an upsell, can you get one for other couple on your cruise?

Mumblez82

Hi all,

I'm hoping to score an upsell for my trip in a couple months. Just wondering if anyone else has ever gotten an upsell for themselves and someone else they are cruising with on the same ship.

So for example, if I get an upsell from an oceanview to a balcony room, is there a chance they will give the same deal to your friend who booked a similar room on the same trip? Just wondering if anyone has ever seen this happen in the past.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Through the upsell department I was able to upgrade 4 rooms, 3 of which weren't in my name and 2 of which were booked through a travel agent. Since payment is required at time of upgrade, I had to charge everyone's upgrade cost to my credit card.

If there are plenty of rooms avail, it's one of those win/win situations where both sides are gaining from the transaction.

Cool! So do I just need their reservation number? Figured I would just put in on my card and they can pay me back.

I'm obviously not sure what their official policy is. In my case, I had reservation numbers and party names, and that was enough for them to swap $$ for an upgrade.

We were rather fortunate for our sailing, with many mini suites remaining vacant leading up to sail away. We secured 4 on deck 10 mid ship - a location that spoiled us. I don't think I could have found a better location, short of a king-sized bed in the brew house tap room.

Make sure you have deck plans handy when dealing with an upgrade, and try to get a deck away from known hot spots. Sometimes there's a reason why primo rooms remain vacant.

Good luck... have a great trip!

Cool! So do I just need their reservation number? Figured I would just put in on my card and they can pay me back.

You should chat with the other couple about upsells. That way, you guys will all be on the same page. It's just as likely that they will get the upsell call....so you should let them know that you want them to upgrade you too.

That should double your chances of an upgrade.

If you haven't already, have them link your reservations. That way either one of you can do the upsell for the other. Also if you are latitudes they can check in with you. It's also helpful if you make dinner reservations together too :)

~ Joanne