Going on Fantasy Nov 12-19 TCM cruise

evyg

Can anyone give me advice on best inside cabin or other tips...

Inside cabins are extreme darkness 24/7 take an alarm clock to wake up in the morning

good for naps

Be careful of whats above you and below you. you want cabins in both places.

close to the aft elevators gets you close to the food and pools with less traveling

Take a hairdryer if you use one. No hairdryers in cabins on Fantasy class ships.

Take an outlet extender, such as this one I used on Fascination (just got off yesterday):

http://www.amazon.com/GE-25337-Station-Outlets-Horizontal/dp/B00YU3BUTI/ref=sr_1_49?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1456663272&sr=1-49-spons&psc=1

It is not a surge protetor - they do not want you to use them and might confiscate one. the light on the top made a great nightlight.

This one by Belkin is recommended by many here, and I have traveled with it, but is IS a surge protector and lacks the charging light that serves as nightlight. The main advantage it has is that the plug swivels 360 degrees, in case the outlet is upside down.

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-3-Outlet-Charger-Protector-Charging/dp/B0015DYMVO/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1456664314&sr=8-10&keywords=belkin+surge+protector

This is what the outlet at the desk looked like:

P1000018_zpsrzbuksj8.jpg

There is no provision in the bathroom for a nightlight. There is a shaver outlet which would work, except that it is only 'live' when the bathroom light switch is on. We take battery powered votive candles, Be sure to turn them off in the morning as the batteries don't last that long...

How many of you are traveling? I can post pictures of some cabins...Do not book 1A cabins as they are upper/lower only (unless you are traveling solo). EM

Edited by Essiesmom

Take a hairdryer if you use one. No hairdryers in cabins on Fantasy class ships.

T. . .M

The TCM 2016 cruise is on the Disney Fantasy and they do have a hair dryer in each cabin.