Star Princess current sailing (10/9-10/16) - where are you now??

GloriaF

The only posts are from our roll call except for griff who just wanted to know how to see the cruise cam. This info from our roll call for Star next week: They skipped Princess Cays and are in Coz today, but not for 2 days. Someone said weather was bad in the Bahamas yesterday. I hope they get to catch Princess Cays on the way back.

I'm onboard Star - we're at Grand Cayman today, Wednesday the 12th.

Itinerary was changed when we left very late from Port Everglades (9:00PM), because the Star didn't arrive until noon Friday the 9th (due to rough seas). We didn't get to start embarking until 5:00PM. They decided to go straight to Coz, then Cayman today, Ocho tomorrow and Princess Cays Saturday, with a sea day on Friday. Lots of independently booked excursions got screwed up .... oh, well.

Anyway, things are very well - if anyone wants to know anything, I'll try to get you answers. Beware, however, I'm really a Celebrity diehard and, so far, it looks like they win hands down in a comparison.

Celebrity - I'm coming back!

I'll check back on this thread tomorrow. Gotta head for the spa now.:)

Roxanne -

Thanks for the update on the itinerary, some of use live vicariously via the web cam!!

My wife and I are eagerly awaiting our 10/23 sailing on the Star, but like you we prefer Celebrity (we think their amenities and food are to die for). Now that you cleared up the itinerary question we have another question. We always look forward to the ‘party’ band on the ship, referring to the band that plays pool side. What band is on board the Star? What do you think about their music, interaction with the passengers, etc?

Thanks for sharing.

Roxanne, thanks! I want to know the names of the production shows on Star -- I'm hoping Piano Man is one as I've heard good things about it.

Cruz'n Pirate - I understand the sailaway party is at Neptune's Pool & Reef and is called "JaMaican Me Crazy" - I'm hoping for steel drums! :) and reggae. Maybe Roxanne will fill us in.

I leave on the Star in 4 - almost 3 - days ~~

Noticed a change in itinerary for Star Prrincess. Oct.15,2005. Check out your cruise personalizer.

https://book.princess.com/cruisepersonalizer/login.page:confused: :confused:

Our itinerary has not changed on our personalizer......still showing western, although it would not bother us in the least if it were changed....as long as the ship sails

Utah - cpr1992 is on our sailing. They report the itinerary has changed for us and when I checked I found the same. Scroll up to their link and check it for yourself, it doesn't print satisfactorily to copy & paste.

bj.......... Are you on the Oct 16-23 sailing of the Star? Come join the rollcall! We would love to meet you!

Thank u........yes we are on the sailing........we are easy to find anytime their is dance music......i will be the 6' old gal wearing sequins dancing with the handsome gentleman dressed to the max.........please say hi....

we love cruising, dancing and meeting nice people..........hope u enjoy the cruise as much as we always do.........see u onboard

Utah - cpr1992 is on our sailing. They report the itinerary has changed for us and when I checked I found the same. Scroll up to their link and check it for yourself, it doesn't print satisfactorily to copy & paste.

I guess they just want to surprise us as our personalizer still shows the western route......what is your change showing.........

still the Western route, same ports, just different days.

Princess Cays is now at the end instead of first, and everything is shifted from the original dates.

guess i should have had second cup of coffee before i checked.........looked right to me as it is now in the order that we normally do on the western .......thanks....

Archived