Upgrade vs Upsell to be eligible for promos?

ilovetotravel1977

So, I've been counting down the days until we can call the Upsell Dept.

I was just thinking, why don't we keep watching prices for balconies and just upgrade if the price ends up being around the same amount as an upsell (based on the prices folks have been posting on CC)?

If we did this, could we then be eligible to receive the current promos being offered for these cabins since we "upgraded" vs "Upsell'ed"??

I thought I also read somewhere on here that those promos cannot be applied once you are 30 days from your sailing?

So, I've been counting down the days until we can call the Upsell Dept.

I was just thinking, why don't we keep watching prices for balconies and just upgrade if the price ends up being around the same amount as an upsell (based on the prices folks have been posting on CC)?

If we did this, could we then be eligible to receive the current promos being offered for these cabins since we "upgraded" vs "Upsell'ed"??

I thought I also read somewhere on here that those promos cannot be applied once you are 30 days from your sailing?

I had a situation like this just yesterday. I had originally booked with a online travel agent website. I had booked a guaranteed balcony with the pick 1 promo. Since then the prices had dropped considerably. I looked at the current prices and saw that a Spa balcony was only $100 different then what I paid and they had a pick 2 promo now. I called up the agent from the website asked if I could change to the spa balcony and just pay the difference and if could get another promo. After a short hold time they said they were able to do this. I'm also less then 3 weeks from cruise.

I had a situation like this just yesterday. I had originally booked with a online travel agent website. I had booked a guaranteed balcony with the pick 1 promo. Since then the prices had dropped considerably. I looked at the current prices and saw that a Spa balcony was only $100 different then what I paid and they had a pick 2 promo now. I called up the agent from the website asked if I could change to the spa balcony and just pay the difference and if could get another promo. After a short hold time they said they were able to do this. I'm also less then 3 weeks from cruise.

Yessssss. This is what I'm hoping for :)