Massage discounts

crazymrsnancy

I've done anything from an hour relaxation for 139 plus 15%grutaruty, to a 2 hour service which included a mud detox wrap and massage for 189.00 plus grutaruty. All booked thru the spa daily specials. In my experience the later you wait in the week the better deals. Although I think that has something to do with how much availability they have. You risk not getting the time you want or not getting one at all. That is usually why I jump the gun book early and don't get the best "special ".

They usually run a pick 3 or pick 4 for like 139-159.00 I think. You choose from a list of discounted services mix and match.

Edited by Ahays00

In my experience the spa deal found on embarkation day and towards the middle/end of the cruise have been the best price. But it could depend on supply and demand, if they're almost fully booked the entire cruise then I could see them offering less specials.

My advice is to take the spa tour and book on embarkation day special, but schedule your spa visit on the last day of the cruise. The relaxation or "zen" you get from the massage will dissipate quickly if your running around in ports after so the last day is best IMO.

The hot stone massages are fabulous. ( love the deep tissue massage also) One thought about choosing a day and time for your massage, if you tend to get sunburn during your vacation, you'll enjoy the massage much more early in the week, before that happens. And in the reverse, beware of going out to lay out in the sun right after the massage. Those oils on your skin will have you frying.

What's the best price you've had for a massage on carnival? I am thinking that the prices for the pre-booking sound so expensive.. I'm going to wait for any specials onboard!

Whatever you do, don't pre-book online! It is muchhh cheaper once you are onboard, with a lot of different specials.

The first day they have drawings for 'deals' at the spa. My husband won a $75 credit once. I chose the hot stone massage...it was still expensive, can't remember how much, I think about $75 still but well worth it, it felt amazing! Port days you can get great deals. My sister in law was able to book one right before sailaway so it didn't cut into her time on the island.

Wait & book on the ship. I paid something like $80 for a massage on board. Still pricey, but not robbery. As noted above, they also run those '3 services for $$' deals; I seem to recall doing one of those with a massage, facial, and extra foot massage or something for $100 or so.

Edited by bailey57