Would a Celebrity fan be happy with MSC?

ImpulsivePuppy

I have never sailed on MSC but I do have to say that MSC's latest Caribbean advertising campaign has me intrigued. Celebrity is my absolute favorite line and every time I venture to 'try' another line I usually come back feeling that I will never stray from Celebrity again. But I am wondering about MSC. Are they more along the lines of what I would experience on Celebrity, RCCL, or another line? Thanks!

If you book the Yacht Club you will be VERY satisfied....

I have been on Celebrity in Aqua class and loved it, been in a suite on NCL and enjoyed that but nothing was better then the Yacht Club. ... IMHO. It's different because it is more European vs American.

I have never sailed on MSC but I do have to say that MSC's latest Caribbean advertising campaign has me intrigued. Celebrity is my absolute favorite line and every time I venture to 'try' another line I usually come back feeling that I will never stray from Celebrity again. But I am wondering about MSC. Are they more along the lines of what I would experience on Celebrity, RCCL, or another line? Thanks!

Try the Yacht Club then you can compare for yourself.

I am elite plus with Celebrity and I have been very happy with MSC. Only the first cruise was dissappointing because I was expecting a similar service than at Celebrity.

They are completely different. I like those differences and I cruise with both of them. My decision depends of the itinerary.

I find Celebrity has become very expensive over time. If you like a balcony cabin you have to pay almost the double than an inside. In MSC the price difference between both categories is not that much, so beautiful balcony cabins are available at reasonable prices. If you decide for MSC keep your mind open and you will like it. Choose a Balcony cabin with the experience Fantastica if you can. That should be enough to enjoy the experience. Compare that price with a midship balcony cabin with Celebrity and this might help you with your decision.

What is it, in particular, that makes the Yacht Club special?

There are many threads and reviews on the Yacht Club that will give you a great picture of what it is that makes it special. It's a total experience, your in a secluded area but have access to the entire ship and everything is included.

Many treads on this subject, it is MUCH better than X. IMO.

I booked Aurea after two Celebrity cruises (CC and AQ). The dining room on MSC was not as good as Celebrity. In the buffet I found more variety than Celebrity but the quality was hit or miss on both cruise lines. Bar service was outstanding on MSC, way better than Celebrity, but dining room waitstaff were not as good. Drink packages and a la carte drinks were cheaper too and the ship was very nice with a variety of lounges. Finally, the international crowd was welcoming and appealing to my wife and I.

People say MSC is cheaper, but it wasn't for my cruise, yet I still found it worth the money and would book another.

I booked Aurea after two Celebrity cruises (CC and AQ). The dining room on MSC was not as good as Celebrity. In the buffet I found more variety than Celebrity but the quality was hit or miss on both cruise lines. Bar service was outstanding on MSC, way better than Celebrity, but dining room waitstaff were not as good. Drink packages and a la carte drinks were cheaper too and the ship was very nice with a variety of lounges. Finally, the international crowd was welcoming and appealing to my wife and I.

People say MSC is cheaper, but it wasn't for my cruise, yet I still found it worth the money and would book another.

Oh, I'm surprised that you found MSC's buffet to be better than Celebrity's. My experience was on Celebrity Silhouette and MSC Preziosa. I thought the Silhouette's buffet was the best I've ever had on a cruise ship and it certainly beat that of MSC Preziosa. I have videos of the dinner buffet from both cruises.

Celebrity Silhouette Dinner Buffet

[YOUTUBE]Ceq2U8CtNPk[/YOUTUBE]

MSC Preziosa Dinner Buffet

[YOUTUBE]5K2ZlYP3-yY[/YOUTUBE]