Carnival Gift Card Purchase

RCmommy

That's an interesting concept, I have noticed that more and more websites are including it in their payment options. I set up my paypal account long ago just to use for eBay purchases and sales, never released it would still be around and growing. But guess it will depend on the vendor of sales since they have to establish that service.

I guess what I'm thinking of is the ones I purchased with verizon rewards at a 10% discount, haven't seen those in a while.

I get them with my citi rewards visa at 10% off and would love to figure out a way to use them to prepay cheers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

There is no way to prepay Cheers using gift cards. Or anything else offered through Bon Voyage and the Gift Shops online. This has always been the case. and definitely will remain the case now that Cheers is less expensive purchasing in advance.

You also can't have them applied in advance to your S&S account. Carnival is pretty liberal with the use of their gift cards, but there are a couple of (huge) limitations.

So i have no experience with this as I live in the US but u might try setting up a "Google Wallet" not sure what the international implications are or the compatibility with paypal but in theory u should be able to transfer the USD funds from paypal to a USD Google wallet account and then use the google wallet card/Identity to process the payment like a debit or credit transaction? Google wallet and a physical card sent in the mail where both free for me here in the states, and no transfer fees or penalties. Hope this helps.

Transfer your PayPal money to your bank account. Problem solved.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I cannot transfer USD into a CAD bank account.

---

On another note: my PayPal account is Canadian and you can only buy Carnival GC through PayPal gifts with a US PayPal account. ( in the fine print)

Does anyone have a reputable eBay seller they have purchased the Carnival gift cards from?

Edited by RCmommy

So i have no experience with this as I live in the US but u might try setting up a "Google Wallet" not sure what the international implications are or the compatibility with paypal but in theory u should be able to transfer the USD funds from paypal to a USD Google wallet account and then use the google wallet card/Identity to process the payment like a debit or credit transaction? Google wallet and a physical card sent in the mail where both free for me here in the states, and no transfer fees or penalties. Hope this helps.

Thanks. I will look into this.

Where do you find the citi rewards? I can purchase Carnival cards with points but not buy cards.

I'm not 100% sure I understand your question....you will find your amount of reward points under the rewards tab....then go to citi easy deals. It tells you at the top how many points you have. You can use 10 citi points towards every $100, but have to use your citi credit card to pay for the remaining $90.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Does anyone know of any way to purchase Carnival gift cards with Paypal?

Yep as someone said above google paypal carnival gift cards and it will bring up paypal gifts website I bought one that way recently. Also If you have paypal credit account and you spend $99+ it will allow you to pay off gift card(s) within 6 months no interest if you choose.

Yep as someone said above google paypal carnival gift cards and it will bring up paypal gifts website I bought one that way recently. Also If you have paypal credit account and you spend $99+ it will allow you to pay off gift card(s) within 6 months no interest if you choose.

If you read the fine print on the paypal gifts website the paypal account has to be a US account. Even though I have US money in my paypal it is a Canadian account because I have a Canadian address.

I am just trying to find a way (any way) to use the US money I have in my paypal to pay our cruise balance. CAD to US exchange is terrible at the moment.

Has anyone seen Carnival gift cards for purchase at a US retailer (preferably in Michigan that we visit) recently?

Or other ideas?

You can purchase from PayPal Digital Gifts on eBay and pay via PayPal. Myself and many others purchased late last year when they (PayPal Digital Gifts) had a promo on Carnival gift cards. I had no problems and did not hear about issues from anyone else. There is a thread somewhere on this board about it.

Has anyone seen Carnival gift cards for purchase at a US retailer (preferably in Michigan that we visit) recently?

Or other ideas?

I saw carnival gift cards for sale at Publix today.

Thanks to all of you for your help. I love this kind of stuff. Legal stealing. So much fun. I have been purchasing the AARP gift cards and my debit card says "Redemption Center" so it would not qualify for double points. I have one more question. Is there a minimum number of points that can be converted to statement cash? I am waiting for my card to arrive so I can get started.