recent weather in Tahiti/Wind Spirit Mar11

ROCKSMIX

Is anyone freaking out about the current weather in Papeete and surrounding area besides me ?? I have been watching an hour by hour report of rain, rain, rain, for days. 80+ degrees temp, but raining

Edited by ROCKSMIX

Hello again fellow cruiser. Just looked up weather for next 14 days and it is fine, in fact forecast is for clear skies on our boarding day. Just because the forecast looks like rain it isn't as bad as it looks, if you check out detailed weather it gives you a percentage chance of rain so even tho the chart may look like it is expected to rain every day for a week it is based on percentage i.e rain symbol shown but maybe only a 5% chance of rain. We are used to those kind of percentage charts in Australia. Try not to stress even if it rains the swimming, snorkelling, water fun will still be wet anyway.

We sailed on the PG and it rained some, it didn't ruin the trip by any means! Be prepared to see a shower every day. They don't last long. My best advice is to take an extra towel on excursions and a quick drying reef shirt, we found that when it rains it feels very cold, and people who didn't have a dry towel to wrap,up in were quite chilly.

Tahiti had two seasons Wet & Dry !!! Always around 28 deg C 85 F all year round, Dry season is humid, Wet Season is super humid !!!

Best time to visit is in the Dry Season which runs from April to October, WET season where it rains heavily and often runs from November into March .

So what you are getting now in March with lots of daily ran is the last of the annual WET season .

I should have mentioned that we were there in late April, well out of the wet season. I live in Central Florida near Disney, so I am definitely used to high humidity. The humidity in FP was similar. Trying to think back... We landed on Friday early morning. I had booked a hotel for Thursday night and let them know we wouldn't be arriving until Friday around 6:30 am. Best $125 ever spent. While the other couple hundred people trying to check into a reservation for Saturday night were told there wouldn't be rooms until around 3:00 pm, we were given keys and in bed sound asleep for a few hours while it poured outside and everyone who thought they would sleep in a lounger by the pool was forced into the very crowded, open air (i.e. Hot and humid) standing room only lobby. We walked past them around 10:30, freshly showered and going to the buffet to have a late breakfast. Around the time we finished eating, the rain stopped and we walked to Carrefour for some supplies.

It rained on Sunday around noon for an hour or so. It rained one other late evening for an hour or so. Otherwise it was copious sunshine the entire time.

Kuldalai, I am ready for it all!! I'll be flying out tomorrow afternoon arriving Friday around 9:30 pm. Staying at the Le Meridian till boarding the Wind Spirit on March 11th. Rain or shine, high, or low humidity...just get this vacation started.